Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2022

Discussion in 'audio' started by Old Shatterhand, Jan 1, 2022.

1. InSides

InSides pfm Member

Well, he still kind of has the SPU #1 - won't return it unless I go there and pick it up. :p

Igor and I are both very partial to both the aesthetics of the headshell and the improvement over the stock DL-103 it brings. While Denon says this is not just a DL-103 + headshell, I feel comfort in the fact we may be able to just swap in a new DL-103 once this one wears out.

The Denon anniversary editions have typically been very special. I am hitting myself for missing the one 10 years ago, and am still debating about pulling the finger on an DL-A100 over on eBay. For people who like/love the DL-103, and have tonearms with removable headshells, I urge you to look for a DL-A110 while they are (somewhat) still available.

Salamander, igor_xxxx and wylton like this.
  2. Weiss-Man

Weiss-Man pfm Member

Latest addition, I loved the little Atom, but this has made a huge difference. The first Accuphase piece I’ve ever tried, and love it, pairs so nicely with the W8s.[​IMG]

3. TimF

TimF pfm Member

Weiss, that is a beauty of an amp! Love it!

Brian S and Weiss-Man like this.
  4. Gervais Cote

Gervais Cote Predator

Gosh ! I use not to like the vu meters and other lights on amps but this one is soooooo nice ! Even more true when the room’s lighting is half faded........
    Honey, are you sure we still have to invest in RRSP ???!!! o_O

Weiss-Man likes this.
  5. Weiss-Man

Weiss-Man pfm Member

Thanks everybody, as some might know, I’ve been through Titan 707, Gryphon Diablo 300 with DAC option, and I’ve never reached true happiness, until this system. I love that is the bottom of the range (something I liked about the Atom, I refused to let myself get bitten by the Naim upgrade bug, and I love the bass/treble adjustment, I reduce the bass by 2 stops, and increase the balance to the left speaker as I tend to lay on the sofa to the right (I’m done with sitting central).[​IMG]

Whaleblue, Waxxy, Fretbuzz and 22 others like this.
  6. ArtK

ArtK Lovin’ life!

Beautiful!

7. nbaptista

nbaptista pfm Member

. Nice amplifier,but where are the sources? The Accuphase has a built in streamer?

8. Weiss-Man

Weiss-Man pfm Member

No, just using iPhone/iPad via Qobuz, which sounds better than MacBook Pro. The amp has the DAC 50 board fitted.

Salamander likes this.
  9. lAmBoY

lAmBoY pfm Member

Your lawn is in tip top condition!

10. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

it’s a beast that, larger than the ‘speakers! Lovely room and garden.

11. @Weiss-Man so which bike ?:D
    Seriously though ... are the W8's & e280 going to stay and/or is the bike getting the chop?!

12. Kostas

Kostas pfm Member

Agree on both, I don't like brands that offer upgrades on their models. It's a way of saying we are going to take your money all your life! I know I don't have to do it but knowing myself I would do it so I've kept myself away from all those brands, I have components in my setup for 20 years with no change at all. EQ is also great to have, so many people spend thousands on cables to change their sound but they can't stand EQ...o_O

Torris12, Weiss-Man and Del monaco like this.
  13. NigelP

NigelP pfm Member

Love that table ![​IMG][/QUOTE]

Torris12, Weiss-Man and Miss Ariel like this.
  14. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

That’s a beautiful amp. Could almost put me off Yamaha.

Weiss-Man, Salamander and Miss Ariel like this.
  15. KeithL

KeithL pfm Member

[/QUOTE]

That's an altar, fit for an Accuphase.

Weiss-Man and torstoi like this.
  16. Weiss-Man

Weiss-Man pfm Member

Thanks guys and girls for all the really nice comments and likes, I appreciate its not the pinnacle, and is put in the shade by other peoples systems on here, it works for me. One conclusion I have is that I would be very dubious of having an amplifier without tone controls again, they allow me to have the speakers closer to the wall, which helps keep marital bliss!

PS Cereal Murderer, the 707s and Gryphon merged into this;

[​IMG]

Brian S, MikeMA, Fretbuzz and 10 others like this.
  17. ex brickie

ex brickie pfm Member

@Weiss-Man I can't believe the speed at which decent quality hifi passes through your home! :D

Hopefully you've reached a point where there's no further 'itch'. The Boenickes are fab (I've heard them at a demo). The Accuphase reminds of those superb vintage Marantz receivers

18. Big Tabs

Big Tabs looking backwards, going forwards

some minor wall frame action.

Poor light so will hold back on the new chairs. woopee doo.

[​IMG]

Jezzer, gninnam, irons1965 and 6 others like this.
  19. @Weiss-Man Didn't even know there was a reinvented busha !! you have a good balance of toys now.. .don't sell anything :D

Ed Rogerson, Salamander and Weiss-Man like this.
  20. Weiss-Man

Weiss-Man pfm Member

Yeah, ugly blighter isn’t she!! Can’t wait for the salt to disappear and give it a go. As ugly as the Gryphon was! :eek: