Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2022

Discussion in 'audio' started by Old Shatterhand, Jan 1, 2022.

1. vln

vln Shuns mooks. And MQA.

Awaiting sale. Keep putting it off though, not least due to the Corona pandemic.

The whole transistion away from them started when I came across a good offer for an A-47, and then hooking up some Harbeth P3s I still had (bought them second hand some years ago and TBH regret selling on when getting the B&W).

2. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

Are you enjoying the B&W's more that the ATC's or did you just fancy a change?

3. vln

Thx! It's an SME 15A; the amps are Accuphase C-2120 and A-47. The phono pre is a Whest PS.40RDT and the Dac is also Accuphase, DC-37.

Cabling is Accuphase's own (the 'brown' cables), and (cheap) van den Hul and QED for the speakers (see my other thread) - not really that much into expensive accessories or endless experimentation these days.

I can recommend a music stand for the vinyl though!

4. vln

Actually since the P3s where somehow in between, setup-wise, I have never put the ATCs up against the B&W in a direct comparison. Perhaps I would regret it if I ever did!

The change was more driven by the acquisiton of the A-47, which is of course putting the cart before the horse a bit, and not how you should do things normally.

5. Waxxy

Waxxy pfm Member

The depreciation worked out in my favor as I purchased them second-hand. But yes, if resale value is a concern, buying a set of these new, would not be prudent.

6. clownfish

clownfish It's all in the details

Which Sony speakers are they. They certainly look the part !

Waxxy likes this.
  7. Waxxy

Waxxy pfm Member

clownfish and ask like this.
  8. vln

Waxxy and clownfish like this.
  9. Nagraboy

Nagraboy Ausculta fili

Fitted some upgrades to my Thorens today (with some help from fellow Fishies) - new belt, idler wheel, and motor suspension springs. Also a new Swissonor plinth which I’m really pleased with.

Currently running the deck into the Graham Slee Accession with it’s variable output straight into the Quad 303/Falcons. Not played any digital for seemingly weeks now, in fact my Roon Nucleus is switched off.

[​IMG]

Tomorrow I’ll be fitting a new arm and cart to the TD 124 - an SME M2-9R with an Ortofon SPU #1S and a Sculpture A 1:26 SUT is arriving too. I’ve not set up an arm and cart before but the SME manual makes it seem quite straightforward - wish me luck! ;)

10. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Been following your build, good luck with the SPU thang.

Nagraboy likes this.
  11. Nagraboy

Nagraboy Ausculta fili

…And after and long afternoon and evening the SME M2-9R and SPU #1S have been mounted to the deck and shockingly it seems I haven’t made a mess of the set up! It’s sounding good, no mistracking at all. I’ve also installed the SPU-specific Sculpture A SUT between the Thorens and Graham Slee.

[​IMG]

12. Amber Audio

That’s a smart looking deck, congrats on the successful build!

clownfish and Nagraboy like this.
  13. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

I'll second Amber's post, nice work.

clownfish and Nagraboy like this.
  14. Peter McDermott

Peter McDermott pfm Member

Another stab at the office "system" The JBL speaker is too much in demand from other members of the household so decided to buy a Dali Katch G2 as I've heard good things about it. Plus I was fairly sure I could connect a CD player to it. So the Consonance CD that's currently in the classifieds has found a new lease of life.

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So now have CDs and Bluetooth. Not bad at all.

Best wishes, Peter

Fretbuzz, gninnam, Miss Ariel and 8 others like this.
  15. Peter McDermott

Peter McDermott pfm Member

And, to add to the fun I've just connected my Chromecast Audio to the Katch so have better than Bluetooth audio.

gninnam likes this.
  16. chrisd

chrisd pfm Member

[​IMG]

Apologies for poor photo, but this is my very simple set up. Naim Superuniti into Allaes. Rega P1 with performance pack for vinyl duties, and my dad's old Denon CD player plugged into the Superuniti DAC which is very rarely used these days!

Tempted to change the Allaes this year. I'd like something with a bit more bass and warm sound, so thinking of trying some Neat Momentum 4i's.

17. Big Tabs

Big Tabs looking backwards, going forwards

The sideboard being forward of the speakers - is that deliberate? Makes my teeth itch.

No rug action? o_O

18. chrisd

chrisd pfm Member

Side board and speakers are both against the back wall. This does mean the front of the speakers is behind the front of the sideboard, but when when I’ve experimented with speaker position this sounds best to me.

A rug would be great, but the wife doesn’t want one unfortunately.

Big Tabs likes this.
  19. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Good for her.
    There have been some abominations posted on here.

Ian G, chrisd, Darren L and 1 other person like this.
  20. Amber Audio

She's a keeper! Not a fan of the hifi room rug :)

denni55, chrisd and Bob McC like this.