Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2022

Discussion in 'audio' started by Old Shatterhand, Jan 1, 2022.

1. uncl_nigel

uncl_nigel pfm Member

I once had six turntables in the flat of which three were connected at any one time.
    These days there's one in a cupboard (too much faff to sell when you don't have a car) and one connected.
    Why?
    I found I much preferred the SME20 to the others :)

htm_1968, nmtjb and gninnam like this.
  2. Weiss-Man

Weiss-Man pfm Member

First photo is the latest, the Gryphon and Titans have left. Still fairly happy, now, is it time to go and buy another bike?[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tarzan, HiFiman, Torris12 and 13 others like this.
  3. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

Why did you have the titans so close together, and then have the LS8’s so far apart?

4. If youre asking you already know the answer.... and in a few weeks the black stuff will be warmer ...

Weiss-Man likes this.
  5. Weiss-Man

Weiss-Man pfm Member

It was a battle with my good lady wife, the Titans ended up in the same position eventually (after persuading my wife it wasn’t that important she could see the T.V) :)

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  6. hifi-dog

hifi-dog pfm Member

look much better fit for the room, bet they sound just as fab.

Weiss-Man likes this.
  7. Weiss-Man

Weiss-Man pfm Member

Thanks, yes they certainly keep the peace with my wife better, and other than some depth and scale sound incredible for their size.

8. @Weiss-Man Have you tried D&D 8'cs in that room? they're extremely wife friendly, in fact it was Mrs CK who persuaded me to try/demo them.

9. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

Some lovely systems, and rooms! Makes me realise just how much I've downsized.

10. Peter McDermott

Peter McDermott pfm Member

Current office "system"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JBL Charge 5
    Target Stands (a bit rusty).

Decided to go back to one system and use the JBL for Spotify whilst working. Pretty good to be fair.

Tarzan, Torris12, mega lord and 3 others like this.
  11. seyles

seyles Retired Child

[​IMG]
    Office System

Sources; Meridian 504, Alienware R8, Mac Mini M1
    Control; Meridian 568, Behringer DCX2496 (6 way Crossover / DSP)
    Amplification; Cloud CX-A6 with Noctua Fan upgrade
    Speakers; Adam Audio TV5, KEF in Ceiling (x4) and a JL Audio 15w0 in a custom box.
    Custom Desk.

Drumossie, HiFiman, Darren and 6 others like this.
  12. Jono_13

Jono_13 Duffer

You might have over done the stand....

Peter McDermott likes this.
  13. ToTo Man

ToTo Man the band not the dog

I sometimes use my Tribit MaxSound Plus on a sand-filled Atacama SE24 ! :D

Peter McDermott and Jono_13 like this.
  14. Weiss-Man

Weiss-Man pfm Member

Hello CK, Happy New Year to you. I haven’t, but coincidentally have looked them up a while ago. They do look good, how are yours?

15. @Weiss-Man HNY to you too!

without derailing this pics thread i'll make a very quick summary: they're awesome and easily exceed all expectations, they take a little bit of time learning about and setting up, but they are the real deal.

16. GF670

GF670 pfm Member

Big change to my system this week as I bought the Tannoy Berkeleys that Cooky recently refurbished (thanks again Frank!). They look and sound stunning and fit in well with the room (my wife much prefers them to my Harbeths!), so I'm absolutely delighted. Great match with the Radford too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Phwoar! Those look terrific!

GF670 and Amber Audio like this.
  18. fraserking

fraserking pfm Member

Phwoar indeed ,they look so perfect in that room .

GF670 likes this.
  19. chiily

chiily PFM Special Builder

Those Tannoy Berkeleys are gorgeous...

GF670 likes this.
  20. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

Well they do look rather nice (half undressed too) glad you’re pleased. I love the Radford, they should go really well together.

GF670 likes this.