advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second iteration of the dream, first version with Avalon speakers and high fidelity cables blew chunks, this one sings.

51119930655_dd544bd1c2_b.jpg

It’s a speaker cable thing, the Supra is not anything like as bad as say NAC A5, but it is still pretty stiff and I didn’t want to bend it too sharply! The amps are obviously square with one another, aligned with a right angle to the mm. Because me.

PS It looked a bit odd initially, but I’ve got used to it now!
They look aligned to remove a bit of squareness from our heads and fill our ears with delightful and lovely sounding music ! Wonderful !

My error, yes they are boenicke 8se, I had a local chippy knock up the matching black walnut threaded plinths and added the stillpoints, made a massive difference as swingbases not hot on carpets.

What is the size of your room and where do you sit viz the Boenickes?

Room is 12x17ft, speakers are 3ft from sidewalls and front baffle is 5ft from rear wall. Find them really sensitive to placement, they like plenty of free air, luckily dinky so don’t impose to much.
I sit roughly 4ft from front wall, so aprox 7/8ft from baffles. I have them toed in so drivers point just behind sitting position.
Woofers point out.

Room is 12x17ft, speakers are 3ft from sidewalls and front baffle is 5ft from rear wall. Find them really sensitive to placement, they like plenty of free air, luckily dinky so don’t impose to much.
I sit roughly 4ft from front wall, so aprox 7/8ft from baffles. I have them toed in so drivers point just behind sitting position.
Woofers point out.

Thanks

That explains why they are always demonsatted in large rooms (to good effect!)

What copy did you find? The CD? Is a printed CD or CDR?

The 1999 US Contemporary CD issue (Discogs), looks legit to me. Label print isn’t the sharpest, but I think that’s just the design, it has an IFPI code etc and certainly isn’t a CDR, needle-drop or anything obviously wonky. Matrix code is as pictured on Discogs. I got it new & sealed from eBay after reading a mention on thread here somewhere. Wasn’t cheap, about £12 IIRC. It is excellent, I’d very much like to find a good vinyl copy now!

Yes I know, the album recommendation was from me!

The original vinyl is now very expensive. I've seen a later reissue, maybe from the 1990s or 2000s but I have no idea of its quality or provenance.

... I got it new & sealed from eBay after reading a mention on thread here somewhere. Wasn’t cheap, about £12 IIRC. It is excellent, I’d very much like to find a good vinyl copy now!

Picked up a new rack (well new to me) at yet another motorway services hi-fi meet up.:)

Clearlight Aspekt three shelf.
Had a four shelf one when they first came out about twenty years ago and after trying most of the top brands over the years (Audiophile Base, Finite Element etc) I’ve been looking for a nice example for a few years.

Bigger than I remember but adds a lovely grain free, relaxing quality to the sound.

Very nice...that Clearlight stuff really works.
I had him on the phone once bc I needed resonance damping feet between my by-then Isos and a suspended floor.
I mentioned I had a Phonospophie rack & he went: 'oh, the rack is ok-ish, but the boards are shite..
I'll sent you one of mine to try.'

I'm not into hokus-pokus stuff a lot, so I went like: yeah..naah..

But the board came for free in the post and I was told to put in under the phono-stage.
Needle up, pulled the Phonosophie board out under the Linto, pushed the Clearlight board in,,needle down..
..the difference was unreal...grain free and relaxing quality put's it well..

I ordered 3 more boards for my CDP, DAC & pre same evening, the pwr amp is by far less impressed
and the most stunning effect is indeed under the Phono-pre.

The only other time I had such a significant difference was the be-fly platterweight
against an alloy-type China type with neoprene on the contact surface & a level on top.
The weigth of both being exactly the same it sounded like dead vs alive in comparison.
China: compressed and shut in & the be-fly a solid foundation and room to breathe above.
Significant and to me very astonishing..

No idea how that or the Clearlight works..but it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back