advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a good clean up so I thought I'd post some pics.

SAM-1993.jpg

SAM-1992.jpg

SAM-1991.jpg

Kit comprises Jadis Orchestra integrated, EAR834 phono, Project RPM 9.1X TT with AT33PTG, Shanling CDT2000 CDP, Harbeth HLP3-ESRs and XLS200 sub with DSP room correction.

Appoligies to Tony, but I'm afraid I don't have a Bakelite AVO meter, but I do have as WWII Kriegsmarine brass Galvanometer. Will this do instead?

Current position sitting in the end of the "L" is not ideal and I'm contemplating moving the whole lot up to the other end of the room, but not sure I can be faffed at mo. I may just get a new rug instead.

image.jpg

Pleased you listed your kit MikeMA, I did wonder what the cd player was, looks absolutely gorgeous as does the rest of your set-up.
Thank you. Yes the CDP is a bit special, though some might find it a bit blingy :). It has a proper tube output stage, with a fully balanced option, and sounds very good to my ears, plus it glows in the dark, along with the amp.

SAM-1993.jpg

SAM-1992.jpg

SAM-1991.jpg

Kit comprises Jadis Orchestra integrated, EAR834 phono, Project RPM 9.1X TT with AT33PTG, Shanling CDT2000 CDP, Harbeth HLP3-ESRs and XLS200 sub with DSP room correction.

Appoligies to Tony, but I'm afraid I don't have a Bakelite AVO meter, but I do have as WWII Kriegsmarine brass Galvanometer. Will this do instead?

Current position sitting in the end of the "L" is not ideal and I'm contemplating moving the whole lot up to the other end of the room, but not sure I can be faffed at mo. I may just get a new rug instead.

image.jpg
This CD player is a masterpiece !

Here is my system.
Room-1.png

Room-0.png
Thank you all for the likes and kind words!

Some replies:
- Yes, some nice Speyside single malt. Always helping with the sound!
- Seating choice: not Togo, but probably Togo inspired. Those are generic chairs from about 60 years ago and still going strong, comfortable!

Did not list the system as it is fairly mainstream but there it goes (all Rega): Saturn-R, P8, Aria mk2, Elicit-R, RS7. I have three other systems scattered around the house, but this is the main one.

Interestingly, the hi-fi “rack” you see in the pictures was made to measure for me by a local joiner to look like an old beaten up 70s rack I had before that. It is all multiply plywood, with the top shelf idea stolen from Isoblue hifi racks (sorry guys!). It did help with the suspended wood floor and footfalls when I had a former RP8, but the new P8 is much more sensitive. I was even getting feedback. Thankfully, the Rega wall bracket completely solved the problem.

I must admit I admire all your beautiful systems and rooms too!

Encouraged by all these Rega components in recent posts, I thought I'd have a go at posting some images of my own system (I hope this works OK)

[https://postimg.cc/vchbc68k]
IMG-20210209-212158.jpg

[https://postimg.cc/CnNTBW0k]
IMG-20210209-212213.jpg

[https://postimg.cc/jnsqF6d6]
IMG-20210209-212245.jpg

The system is: Rega P6 with Ania, Fono MC, Rega Saturn CD-player, Denon TU260L, Rega Elicit Mkii, Arcam rPac (for streaming duties), Kudox X2

Great system! Always wanted to try an Elicit 2! Maybe the cutest amp Rega ever made!

Encouraged by all these Rega components in recent posts, I thought I'd have a go at posting some images of my own system (I hope this works OK)

[https://postimg.cc/vchbc68k]
IMG-20210209-212158.jpg

[https://postimg.cc/CnNTBW0k]
IMG-20210209-212213.jpg

[https://postimg.cc/jnsqF6d6]
IMG-20210209-212245.jpg

The system is: Rega P6 with Ania, Fono MC, Rega Saturn CD-player, Denon TU260L, Rega Elicit Mkii, Arcam rPac (for streaming duties), Kudox X2
Lovely system and absolutely gorgeous fireplace.

How do you get your CDs to stand up like that...the ones on the shelf next to your TT?

I love the floor.

Great system! Always wanted to try an Elicit 2! Maybe the cutest amp Rega ever made!

Thank you. My end system I think (though those pics of a P8 and Aetheos do make me wonder...), I'm very content with it. I love the looks of the Elicit Mkii, which I bought to match the Saturn. I do prefer it to the current style of the Elicit-r and Saturn-r, though I did persuade my dealer to get both so that I could hear the Saturn-r. He loved them. I think the Elicit Mkii doesn't get the love that the -r version does and whilst I've heard both I've never listened to them side-by-side so I don't really know how much difference there is between them. The Elicit was a big step up from my previous Mira3.

Lovely system and absolutely gorgeous fireplace.

How do you get your CDs to stand up like that...the ones on the shelf next to your TT?

Thank you. The fireplace is nice, though sadly the house whilst originally Victorian was badly damaged during the war and was significantly rebuilt in the 1950s, so we don't have the period features of some of our neighbours. I'm not sure when the fireplace was put in.

We moved here 20+ years ago and had the shelves built for the hi-fi and storage. There was plenty of space for our CDs above the TT but this has long since proved inadequate. Above the TT is classical, beside the TT is jazz and on the opposite side of the fireplace is rock/folk. The jewel cases stand up OK most of the time, so long as they are not too near the edge. The problem is with the cardboard slip cases that so many CDs now come in, these do not stand up well. I've come down on various occasions to find CDs all over the floor. I really need to persuade my wife that we need better storage but the house is full of books and stuff and we should probably be decluttering (I'm reluctant to do this with music and I'm not really into streaming).

SAM-1993.jpg

SAM-1992.jpg

SAM-1991.jpg

image.jpg
Nice system and pad! Interesting history as well.

I need a new house....

SAM-1993.jpg

SAM-1992.jpg

SAM-1991.jpg

image.jpg

Lovely room, especially the floor and system but the feet, the feet ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back