advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently finished building a Neurochrome Modulus-686 power amp and currently trying to decide whether I prefer the Neurochrome 8x2 preamp or DCG3 preamp, which are all in the pics. Amp duties are usually a Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary but we'll see how the 686 stacks up.
edit: should really list what there is: Garrard 401, Jelco 750 with Shuggie, Ortofon 2M Black / ZYX Yatra 100, Project Phono RS with Sigma22 Linear PS, Audiophonics RaspTouch with RPi3 + DigiOne + Linear PS, Perreaux Eloquence 250i 40th Anniversary with ES9038Pro DAC, DCG3 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 8x2 Pre-Amp, Neurochrome 686 Power amp, Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Primare V25 CD player, Monitor Audio PL300, Sjostrom DCT03 DC Blocker.

Love the look of the silver face plates on you r pre's and especially your 686

Speakers: Bowers & WIlkins DM601
50799992472_a45918fb5c_b.jpg
My first decent speakers were DM600i's followed by DM602s. I have B&W floorstanders now, but the old B&W bookshelf speakers were excellent, and are still great value today IMO.

Cyrus Signature system all cables are Tellurium Rega P8 with Apheta 3

Lemme just say wow those speakers are gorgeous, nice stands too.
I dont use stands for them at the minute because of space but i have a lovely pair of granite based upright stands with super sharp feet. I cant use them in my house because they scratch my wood floor and the mrs goes crazy.

Whats in the rack, I see at least two amplifiers hiding in there im sure.

Lemme just say wow those speakers are gorgeous, nice stands too.
I dont use stands for them at the minute because of space but i have a lovely pair of granite based upright stands with super sharp feet. I cant use them in my house because they scratch my wood floor and the mrs goes crazy.

Whats in the rack, I see at least two amplifiers hiding in there im sure.
Amps are X300 with Sig CD XT the phono and Dac-XP The power supplies are hidden behind the rack out of sight, still got the old Dab8 tuner still working. Yes those speakers are very heavy useing washing machine anti vibration rubber feet with wood inserts." Ive been told about the floor" Mrs is not happy about the spikes.

First time hifi image post... ever. My wife and work colleagues think that I'm mad.

At a transition point right now.

Just replaced my much-loved and hard-to-get Monitor Audio Studio 60s for ATC 40 actives.

Rest of system:
Bluesound Node 2i streamer
RME ADI-2 DAC
Cambridge Audio CXC CD transport
Naim NAC202 modified by Sean at Custom Hifi Cables to enable dual power supplies
Customer Hifi Cables dual CHC-CAP with Mundorf capacitor upgrades
Naim NAPSC2
Avondale Audio M130 mono blocks with NCC220 upgrade
Hifi stand from @Knipester (I never got around to sending him an earlier image... hope you like it Paul)

Also just bought a MiniDSP U-MIK 1 to attempt to improve the sound.

Lots of decisions to make in next 6 months. Will keep most of the passive kit just in case as the active isn't sounding right yet. Maybe buy an ATC CDA2 as I'm not happy with the RME ADI-2 DAC feeding directly into the ATC 40As. Maybe upgrade to ATC 50As as the 40As don't quite have that effortless volume and scale that I'm obsessed with (as I feared they wouldn't). Or maybe test some Dutch and Dutch 8cs as they seem to be the future and I'm not completely confident that I will have the brain space to learn REW/UMIK-1.

Thanks Evan it’s great to everyone on PFM for all the experience shared over the last couple of years. I think it's a brilliant resource.

Hope these Flkr links work!

https://flic.kr/p/2koCRuN
https://flic.kr/p/2koDtSU

Update: I forgot to confess that I cleaned up all the XLR cables for the photo as they were all over the place. If I stay active I will get them under the carpets, like I have with the passive speaker cables.

Great to see one of my racks Evan in such a nice room, Glad you like it!

As a Dutch and Dutch 8c owner I can confidently say they are superb and I have no desire to swap them fir anything... I gather the atc40’s are no slouches either.

System:
Vitus Audio RD-100 DAC/Pre
Vitus Audio RS-100 Power amp
Speakers: 432 Point5 (DIY)
Speaker stands: solidsteel SS-5
Speaker cables: 432 Point5 SPC-850 Triple-C (DIY)
USB cable: 432 Point5 SUS-380 Triple-C (DIY)

Roon:
Hystou NUCi7-10510U: 16GB RAM 256GB MVMe SSD
Netgear prosafe gs105 5-port gigabit switch
Teddy Pardo Dual 12v/3a LPSU with 432 Point5 upgrade (DIY)

Mains & Network:
Mains distribution: DCT03 + 432 Point5 4-way Neutrik (DIY)
Mains cables: Neotech NEP-4003 + Neutrik + MS-HD (DIY)

Network Storage: QNAP TS-251+: 8GB RAM 2x 2TB SSDs
Network cables: Veetop (26awg flat) CAT8

Looking fabulous, love the simplicity!

Here you go, this was powered by a nait 3 until a couple of months ago.

https://postimg.cc/K1vGxmBB

Musical Fidelity X-A2
Raspberry pi 3 with Allo Boss DAC running picore player
Sonos connect for family ease!
Project debut with AT VM95EN
Q acoustic concept 20 on target stands

the sofa really does sit between the speakers as family needs trump HiFi.

I hope those wires all jumbled and running next to each other aren’t giving too many people a heart attack!

Great to see one of my racks Evan in such a nice room, Glad you like it!

As a Dutch and Dutch 8c owner I can confidently say they are superb and I have no desire to swap them fir anything... I gather the atc40’s are no slouches either.

Thanks @Knipester. Very kind of you.

Yes, I trawled through the D&D thread and you've implanted a worm in my head that will likely result in spending another boatload of money on another upgrade!

The 40As are really great, though. I'm liking them more and more.

My setup is quite old and humble but sounds nice to me, I like the classic feel, the amplifier and graphic is around 30 years old.

Amplifier: Pioneer A-Z360
Graphic: Pioneer GR-Z460
Speakers: Bowers & WIlkins DM601
Interface: Roland UA101
Speaker Wire: Van Damme - Blue Series Studio Grade
[/url]

I gained a set of B&W 601 S1 as part of a deal for a Bluesound Powernode unit recently and not being a fan of 800 series B&W stuff, I didn't expect much. Well, I was amazed at how stonkingly good it was, and not just for a 25 year old entry level unit - quite easily moved it on (for over £120). I would have happily kept it if I didn't have too much stuff in storage already.

I gained a set of B&W 601 S1 as part of a deal for a Bluesound Powernode unit recently and not being a fan of 800 series B&W stuff, I didn't expect much. Well, I was amazed at how stonkingly good it was, and not just for a 25 year old entry level unit - quite easily moved it on (for over £120). I would have happily kept it if I didn't have too much stuff in storage already.
I did an early lockdown bake-off with Shahinian Super Elves and Elac Debut B6.2 and the little B&W acquitted itself very well indeed.

Awesome pics - The clarity is incredible.

Musical Fidelity X-A2

I hope those wires all jumbled and running next to each other aren’t giving too many people a heart attack!

I love the sound from these, especially with the 30 year old Pioneer amp still bangin strong and very loud. I've heard some nice systems whilst getting about but for what I need and for my ears the old Pioneer still packs a massive punch and loads of settings, I like using the optical port when I can.

Musical Fidelity X-A2

Not the wires, but placing your hifi on a carpeted floor :eek: :D don't you read many pfm threads
Love your cabinet with the tt sited on it

I'm not sure I've posted a system picture here before - this is my new system, a promise to myself that when established in my own new home (following separation) I would invest in a new system having been obliged to sell my previous Naim/Shahinian set up about ten years ago.

This is still a work in progress as the music server is not yet installed. That will be a Lukasz Audio Lab custom built LDMS Mini (built to a budet so it can still run Roon, which the Pico cannot but I couldn't afford a full Mini). Rest of the system as follows:

• Lampizator Golden Gate MK1 DAC with volume control - this unit is second hand but was reconditioned and upgraded at the factory in Poland. The volume pot means I can feed it directly in to the power amps
  • Albedo Monolith silver monocrystal interconnects
  • Silvercore 833 monoblock power amps - these run the huge 833 tubes designed to power radio transmissions and rated up to 1500w but are instead configured to run at 20w output. Output transformer is handwound silver wired. Rogoz stands
  • Horns FP10 with internal silver wiring upgrade sitting on custom made Rogoz stands
  • Highfidelity CT1 speaker cables
512 by Greg Turner, on Flickr

507 by Greg Turner, on Flickr

508 by Greg Turner, on Flickr

509 by Greg Turner, on Flickr

510 by Greg Turner, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back