Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2021

Discussion in 'audio' started by Whaleblue, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer 432 Point5

@hermit you've even managed to get an authentic yellowed/tobacco stained rad in behind the sofa - respekt! :D

Where's the ashtray and 20 B&H Gold though?

2. pembers

pembers pfm Member

Haha - I certainly am! Yeh the pics have come out well, iPhone 11 night mode works great with a steady hand.

3. hockman

hockman pfm Member

An already cool apartment just got cooler! :)

4. hermit

hermit obsessive

That made me laugh. When the painter was doing the room last summer, he decided to leave them and in the interest of frugality I went along with it. Now that you've publicly shamed me they might just get a coat of white gloss later this year. :D

Banished and I'm pleased to say that I haven't smoked for nine weeks.

Thanks hockman. Found an extra shelf for the Ladderax yesterday. :)

[​IMG]

5. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Ladderax is awesome stuff, unfortunately when I was looking at it the cost was probably more than the Hi-Fi!

paulfromcamden likes this.
  6. hermit

hermit obsessive

I got lucky and didn't have to pay the insane prices that it usually seems to go for on ebay.

RoA likes this.
  7. jimpey

jimpey pfm Member

T-cut should sort it. Worth a try before painting anyway.

Does the Frame change the artwork automatically or do you select it? Either way it's blooming lovely!

Jim

8. hermit

hermit obsessive

Jim, I think the radiators were originally off white and have just yellowed slightly with age rather than nicotine. I didn't actually smoke more than four or five per day in here and so there was no nicotine staining on the walls when I removed the pictures prior to painting. On that basis do you still think T-cut would be worth a try?

I just change the artwork when I feel like it but you can have it on rotation. It's very flexible software.

9. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

@hermit Will you please stop posting pictures of your room and system.:mad::)

TimF, wow&flutter and hermit like this.
  10. hermit

hermit obsessive

Your wish is my command. I think my work here is done. ;)

ampedup and Tarzan like this.
  11. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

It’s a handy pic to have if you’re considering speakers with a relatively low WAF! I suspect most speakers will be more acceptable if you show the Lockwood pics and ask “what do you think of these?”

hermit likes this.
  12. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

I'm just desiging some Ladderax for my new gaff, it is expensive but then so are any decent shelving systems.

matt j and hermit like this.
  13. Tigerjones

Tigerjones Bagpuss

Beautiful room and amplifier.

Tarzan, TheDecameron and hermit like this.
  14. Ptah

Ptah pfm Member

Still got my family's from the 1960s. Cost = 0.
    (it's spelt Tory)

hermit likes this.
  15. Cato

Cato pfm Member

really looking forward to your thoughts on the Falcons. I have the same speakers and thinking about the Croft amps

Nagraboy likes this.
  16. InSides

InSides pfm Member

Finally put together the headphone "system" in a dedicated location, and not a selection of cupboards to house various bits.

[​IMG]

Currently in the roster - Denon AH-D7200, AKG K-701, Sennheiser HD-650. All recabled / reterminated for balanced operation. Missing from the picture is the AKG K-1000, currently undergoing re-termination.

The actual kit driving all these:

[​IMG]

Trafomatic Head One for a valved amplifier, SAC KH-1000 for a balanced transistor amplifier, Matrix Audio mini-i 3 Pro for the source (networked DAC being feed from the ROCK powering the main system).

Equipment rack is DIY heavily influenced by Tabula Rasa designs (beech and maple solid wood + tempered glass shelves), headphone stands are DIY (aluminium + Delrin) heavily influenced by Woo Audio HPS which were perpetually out-of-stock so I resigned making my own.

jamesd, gustav_errata, Waxxy and 14 others like this.
  17. Salamander

Salamander pfm Member

Nice work 'InSides' in making your own rack and headphone stand. All the cables look identical on your headphones, are they after market cables and if so what brand?

18. InSides

InSides pfm Member

So I recabled all of the headphones using mostly ViaBlue supplies.

ViaBlue EPC-4 headphone cable, Neutrik XLR for the amp end, ViaBlue "small" sleeving, ViaBlue SC-4/2 splitters, ViaBlue T6s "small" 3.5mm jacks and generic HD-650 jacks. On the AKG's I had the cable hardwired, using glued retainers.

jamesd and Salamander like this.
  19. HiFiman

HiFiman Don't tell him Pike

Second setup for the new kids playroom, carpet delayed by 4-5 weeks but I couldn't wait to set this up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nait 2
    ND5XS2
    Allaes
    Witchhat Phantom speaker cable

JonR, jamesd, Miss Ariel and 7 others like this.
  20. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

Wow, very lucky kids. I bet “Paw Patrol” never sounded so good!

alan967tiger and HiFiman like this.