advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a few HiFi Racks Ltd units on here. Are they any good ? They look nice enough, but some of the pictures on their website seem to shew them with wonky legs !

Have had mine now for probably 8 or nine years. The only real issue for me is a slight "bow" on a couple of the shelves, maybe 1.5mm. It is a sturdy rack though and bought originally when I had all matching Naim equipment with a Rega RP6 on top.
Tend to bed the bottom shelf to the floor using my "waif like" 17st and before you ask, no, the bottom shelf is not bowed!!

My issue with Hi-Fi Racks is that the wood can start to split at the joins especially if you put equipment that generates a lot of heat on them.

dfC3Ckn.jpg
How is the lid for the P10? Does it 'stick' to the felt mat?

extra Isoblue added and a little re-arrangement

Stacking order is

252 - 500PS
NDX2 - 555PS
500 - Supercap

The Superline is the top right below the TT

R2R is Revox B77 Mk2
Cassette is Yamaha KX-1200

The TT is my beloved Kronos Sparta / Helena and Transfiguration Phoenix. The Proteus is soon to be off to New York for a repair (well, hopefully it will be repaired. Thats another story and thread on here)

Speakers are Usher Dancer Mini 2

Speaker cables are Witchhat Phantom
Waiting on the Morgana XLR's for my 500.

Extra Isoblue by Cautious Lip, on Flickr

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^
I'm not surprised the Kronos Sparta is your 'beloved' TT, it's certainly a thing of beauty: I've heard it said it's the best tt, irrespective of price

Stacking order is

252 - 500PS
NDX2 - XPSDR
500 - Supercap

R2R is Revox B77 Mk2

The TT is my beloved Kronos Sparta / Helena and Transfiguration Phoenix. The Proteus is soon to be off to New York for a repair (well, hopefully it will be repaired. Thats another story and thread on here)

Is that Hooky's signature on the Movement sleeve?

great looking room and set -up

First time hifi image post... ever. My wife and work colleagues think that I'm mad.

At a transition point right now.

Just replaced my much-loved and hard-to-get Monitor Audio Studio 60s for ATC 40 actives.

Rest of system:
Bluesound Node 2i streamer
RME ADI-2 DAC
Cambridge Audio CXC CD transport
Naim NAC202 modified by Sean at Custom Hifi Cables to enable dual power supplies
Customer Hifi Cables dual CHC-CAP with Mundorf capacitor upgrades
Naim NAPSC2
Avondale Audio M130 mono blocks with NCC220 upgrade
Hifi stand from @Knipester (I never got around to sending him an earlier image... hope you like it Paul)

Also just bought a MiniDSP U-MIK 1 to attempt to improve the sound.

Lots of decisions to make in next 6 months. Will keep most of the passive kit just in case as the active isn't sounding right yet. Maybe buy an ATC CDA2 as I'm not happy with the RME ADI-2 DAC feeding directly into the ATC 40As. Maybe upgrade to ATC 50As as the 40As don't quite have that effortless volume and scale that I'm obsessed with (as I feared they wouldn't). Or maybe test some Dutch and Dutch 8cs as they seem to be the future and I'm not completely confident that I will have the brain space to learn REW/UMIK-1.

Thanks to everyone on PFM for all the experience shared over the last couple of years. I think it's a brilliant resource.

Hope these Flkr links work!

https://flic.kr/p/2koCRuN
https://flic.kr/p/2koDtSU

Update: I forgot to confess that I cleaned up all the XLR cables for the photo as they were all over the place. If I stay active I will get them under the carpets, like I have with the passive speaker cables.

Last edited:

Stacking order is

252 - 500PS
NDX2 - XPSDR
500 - Supercap

R2R is Revox B77 Mk2

I’m glad you’re seated on the other axis in the room. Not sure I could live with Neil Tennant staring at me every time I listen! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back