advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you seem to have 2 free shelves, I suppose you've considered making it into a single 6 shelf stack and getting back a bit of real estate?
Tut tut, for a man who claims to have "2ManyBoxes" you should be advising him to fill the empty shelves with more kit ;)

Reactions: Jee
The two free shelves are reserved for an LP12 plus power supply and phono stage. Haven’t ordered it yet as I want to talk in person with my dealer. Not in a hurry. Two stacks was my intention from the start for brains/brawn arrangement as is the Naim way, and I have plenty of room for it. Actually considering a third stack for other gear. Buying the Olive series has kept my costs to a very acceptable level. I shop carefully and get good deals. Any financial sorrow in this house is caused by my addiction to mountain biking and all it’s paraphernalia, not hifi.

As you seem to have 2 free shelves, I suppose you've considered making it into a single 6 shelf stack and getting back a bit of real estate?
Or keep it 2 stacks and put the preamp and CD on the top level, PSUs on the next level, and amps on the bottom. Better ergonomics!

Or keep it 2 stacks and put the preamp and CD on the top level, PSUs on the next level, and amps on the bottom. Better ergonomics!

Oh come on now! You know that probably is not the correct and official "Naim Stacking" order, get with it man! Ergonomics over The Order? Pffttt...;)

The two free shelves are reserved for an LP12 plus power supply and phono stage. Haven’t ordered it yet as I want to talk in person with my dealer. Not in a hurry. Two stacks was my intention from the start for brains/brawn arrangement as is the Naim way, and I have plenty of room for it. Actually considering a third stack for other gear. Buying the Olive series has kept my costs to a very acceptable level. I shop carefully and get good deals. Any financial sorrow in this house is caused by my addiction to mountain biking and all it’s paraphernalia, not hifi.

That must be some mountain bike :eek: What's it made of, boron?

Bike!!! There’s 8 of them and looking at more. Carbon fibre, aluminium, steel. Then the 12 foot wall full of bike tools, then the clothing, bags etc etc. Hifi is dead simple by comparison, and takes up a lot less room.

Mate, you need to get counselling or open your own bike shop. Seriously :)

Someone I know in a similar situation did exactly that. Ran it for about 3 years before being made a too-good-to-miss opportunity to go back into industry and a steady salary.

Obviously been doing OK - in the past few weeks a large 2 storey garage has gone up next to his house. Since the cars are parked outside, I am guessing his bike stuff has moved up from the basement and into the garage. He thoughtfully provided a nice workroom over, for his good lady wife to use for something - not sure what .

Nearing completion of the renovations to the listening / living room...just need to source a nice slab of lumber for the fireplace mantel.

I'm trying some heavier stands under my new-to-me Sony SS-NA5es speakers. The other stands I have are solid hardwood with a marble base, surely designed more for visual harmony than ultimate fidelity. What I'd really like to try is a set of old-school, open frame, lightweight stands, but there does not seem to be many (any?) currently manufactured.

gi.mpl

Nearing completion of the renovations to the listening / living room...just need to source a nice slab of lumber for the fireplace mantel.

I'm trying some heavier stands under my new-to-me Sony SS-NA5es speakers. The other stands I have are solid hardwood with a marble base, surely designed more for visual harmony than ultimate fidelity. What I'd really like to try is a set of old-school, open frame, lightweight stands, but there does not seem to be many (any?) currently manufactured.

Maybe you can compare your speaker measurements with Epos ES11s and if they're large enough you could give the old Epos stands a shot. They come up occasionally on their own, and they disassemble to pack sort of flat, so they're shippable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back