advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent move into a new flat went more smoothly & cheaply than expected. This combined with a small inheritance freed up some cash for some new additions.
20211113-160034.jpg

20211113-160156.jpg

Most significant change is the addition of a Cirkus & Hercules equipped Linn LP12 purchased off @lencotweaker & fitted with the RB303 & Denon DL-110 off my previous Lenco.
Why have I waited this long? Easily the best TT I've owned.
Also recently acquired a Topping A30pro headphone amp & D30pro DAC.
Streaming still being handled by my Allo Digione Signature running Volumio
Silver disc duties courtesy of my Quad 99CDP-2
Reinstated my Ion Systems Obelisk 3, always astonished by how good this little amp is.
Speakers still Stirling LS3/5A V2s.
TS

Recent move into a new flat went more smoothly & cheaply than expected. This combined with a small inheritance freed up some cash for some new additions.
20211113-160034.jpg

20211113-160156.jpg

Most significant change is the addition of a Cirkus & Hercules equipped Linn LP12 purchased off @lencotweaker & fitted with the RB303 & Denon DL-110 off my previous Lenco.
Why have I waited this long? Easily the best TT I've owned.

Also recently acquired a Topping A30pro headphone amp & D30pro DAC.
Streaming still being handled by my Allo Digione Signature running Volumio
Silver disc duties courtesy of my Quad 99CDP-2
Reinstated my Ion Systems Obelisk 3, always astonished by how good this little amp is.
Speakers still Stirling LS3/5A V2s.
TS

Rug ?

Yes, I am aware. The room does need damping down a bit. Got to redecorate the place & haven't decided if I am going to go with carpet or laminate floor yet.
Having said this, the speakers work remarkably well in this room, I am hearing bass notes you wouldn't believe from a small sealed box (and certainly wasn't hearing in there previous location at my last place).
TS

I assumed they were Rega speakers, and after checking it would appear they are Rega Kytes, I don't know what the stands are but they look to be a perfect match. Hope you are enjoying them DC

Thanks.

I'm still on a honeymoon period with them having previously been using headphones (HD800's driven by a Linear). The room is quite live and I dampen things down a little with a throw over the coffee table. Listening is very near field and it's nice to have the openness of speakers once again.

Stands are a home brew version of a pair of Target stands off eBay and some 18mm ply.

Also new is the Io amplifier and Chord Rumour X speaker cable.

No WAF obviously but everything goes away after use :).

First "significant" update of the turntable, exactly after 2 years since it was built and set up at my place by @InSides .

The "old" tonearm is safely stored, and it's place is taken by something much "older" :)

The SME 3012 (R-ish) is a SME 3009 conversion, thoroughly reworked from the ground up by @InSides .

Thanks to a very kind member of pfm for providing me the very nice 3009 "donor" unit and to @InSides for his dedication and work, as always :) Now we can start exploring the world of SPUs, EMTs and etc.

jtkalgo.jpg

GKaOsJW.jpg

OsLkSd7.jpg

How do you find the speakers? I was eyeing up a pair that Signals had ex-dem. Very nice set-up.
I love mine, bought them ex dem from Audio-T and don’t think they’d ever been out of the box. Remind me a bit of the Spendor SA1 which I absolutely loved and was very stupid to get rid of.
If I ever find a pair of K100s at a good price I would probably snap them up

@Mitch65 Nice set up! How capable is the Nait2 at driving the Russell K 50s? Only ask as I have a Nait2 and fancy trying some used 50s or 100s at some point.

@Mitch65 Nice set up! How capable is the Nait2 at driving the Russell K 50s? Only ask as I have a Nait2 and fancy trying some used 50s or 100s at some point.
I was a bit worried when I got the Nait for that reason but they sing along with no issues at all. Probably makes no difference but it has just come back from Witch Hat after a service :)

Well, I’ve sold my Khozmo/Leak 20 pair and gone back to my trusty Quad 34/303. I just feel so comfortable with these old Quads. Might get another 33 if I can find a really good late one (with the blue edge connectors…). And I’d love to get a well-sorted Lenco L75 at some point.

I’ve kept the Graham Slee Accession M phono stage which goes into the Tape input but may part with it soon too. Changed the Quad CDP to a Marantz SA8005 so I can play SACDs again and I use the USB input with the Roon Nucleus. I use Roon to upsample all files to DSD128/5.6mHz.

n62sGC0.jpg

Well, I’ve sold my Khozmo/Leak 20 pair and gone back to my trusty Quad 34/303. I just feel so comfortable with these old Quads. Might get another 33 if I can find a really good late one (with the blue edge connectors…). And I’d love to get a well-sorted Lenco L75 at some point.

I’ve kept the Graham Slee Accession M phono stage which goes into the Tape input but may part with it soon too. Changed the Quad CDP to a Marantz SA8005 so I can play SACDs again and I use the USB input with the Roon Nucleus. I use Roon to upsample all files to DSD128/5.6mHz.

n62sGC0.jpg

I love the look of that pre amplifier. Amazing design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back