advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't recall when I last posted in here, so here are a few updated photos.

The stereo portion of my "main" system, which integrated with the rest of the kit in my dedicated listening/home cinema room:

5ksgjO0.jpg

V9fbJK7.jpg

zQYib1T.jpg

And my office system. This is the one I probably use the most now that I WFH so it's had a few upgrades in the last year. Yes, I like Sony ES gear :)

gUkfqZI.jpg

And my more minimalist living room system:

75X73Ne.jpg

Listening Room:
Kef Reference Model 3.2, Meridian 557, Audiolab 8200DQ, Sony 228ES CD player, also a Chromecast Audio

Office:
Sony 530ES amp, X303ES CD player, TAG Mclaren DAC20 DAC (using with CD player), Audiolab Q-DAC (using as a USB DAC from laptop), Quad S1 speakers, BK Gemini sub

Living room:
Arcam A70 amplifier, Chromecast Audio, Monitor Audio Silver 100

Hi, which sub is it in your listening room?

Really like all your systems/rooms, spot on.

The stereo portion of my "main" system, which integrated with the rest of the kit in my dedicated listening/home cinema room:

5ksgjO0.jpg

V9fbJK7.jpg

zQYib1T.jpg

And my office system. This is the one I probably use the most now that I WFH so it's had a few upgrades in the last year. Yes, I like Sony ES gear :)

gUkfqZI.jpg

75X73Ne.jpg

Listening Room:
Kef Reference Model 3.2, Meridian 557, Audiolab 8200DQ, Sony 228ES CD player, also a Chromecast Audio

Office:
Sony 530ES amp, X303ES CD player, TAG Mclaren DAC20 DAC (using with CD player), Audiolab Q-DAC (using as a USB DAC from laptop), Quad S1 speakers, BK Gemini sub

Living room:

Recognise the lamp but can't drag out of memory who makes them, would you mind jogging my memory please?

5ksgjO0.jpg

V9fbJK7.jpg

zQYib1T.jpg

gUkfqZI.jpg

75X73Ne.jpg

Listening Room:

Office:

Living room:

what’s the SQ of the little Quads like? Their previous domed tweeter stand mounts were lovely.

What are the white faced drivers in the speakers? They look like Fostex, I know that sort of design was popular with Ted Jordan using his full range drivers.

Are your racks made from modified Ikea tables by modifying the legs or changing the legs entirely? Or are they something else, they don't quite look like the 'HiFi Racks' product?
Yes - Ikea Lack tables. The legs have solid wood inserted and glued then cut to size. Just add the screw inserts and spikes with cups underneath. They work a treat and the total cost for everything is less than £100.

What are the white faced drivers in the speakers? They look like Fostex, I know that sort of design was popular with Ted Jordan using his full range drivers.
They are Mark Audio CHP-70 drivers. The speakers were made by a company called Reiver and the model is the Jenna. Sound great in my listening room.

Yes - Ikea Lack tables. The legs have solid wood inserted and glued then cut to size. Just add the screw inserts and spikes with cups underneath. They work a treat and the total cost for everything is less than £100.
Thanks for the info.
At present I use a Lack with two 15mm thick sheets of marble cut to the table size and separated by thin sheets of flooring underlay to support my L-07D turntable. Under it I have a separate from the Lack platform spicked to the solid floor underneath that my CD transport and DAC sit on. Ideally I like to add another shorter layer of Lack to house alternative phono preamp and my SUT. I wasn't sure about the best approach to shorten and strengthen the legs to take the weight.

To help get the best from my Leak ST20 I’ve got hold of a Khozmo passive which has been superb. I love my Croft 25 but the Khozmo seems to work really well and makes the most of the Leak’s low noise floor.

Then of course, I needed a phono stage and I’ve gone for a Graham Slee Accession M with PSU1. It’s just fantastic. And I love to have a mono switch for my mono jazz/50s vocalists collection.

Just need to find a digital source that doesn’t lead to a ground loop. Just got the Chromecast plugged in via it’s line output now which doesn’t sound great but at least there’s no ground loop.

q8oEa2l.jpg
YAY - Minidisc....I have that one and tthree more...love em

My system is somewhat the antithesis of many shown here, as it's based on tweak-free rationality (where is the fun in that, I'm sure many of you ask...).

Anyway, the core of the system is a MiniDSP SHD and a March Audio P502 (Hypex) amp. The SHD acts as a source selector and does room correction using Dirac, primarily to even out bass response. The March amp is plenty powerful enough to drive the ATC SCM40s (2x350W into 8 ohms, 2x500 into 4 ohms), is the size of a shoebox and is energy efficient.

Music comes from an LMS server running on a Pi4, with the actual data held on the house NAS. There are various endpoints including a Squeezebox Touch, Radio, kitchen system, Office PC, and the SHD itself which contains an integrated player.

SHD

P502

NAS, Pi4 LMS server, network connections in wiring cupboard elsewhere in the house. I could talk about how I carefully selected the £15 Netgear switches, random ethernet cables and Virgin Media ISP connection for maximum sound quality, but you know I wouldn't mean it :)

Kitchen system using an Audio Pro C10 wireless speaker. The old iPad is powered via USB from the C10, and controls playback using the uPnP gateway plugin in LMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back