advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indeed it is

bjvgrwevdl921.jpg

I’ve swapped my maple Fraim for an Isoblue. It’s smaller and less ‘look at me’, which is nice. Being oak it matches the speakers better too.

0-DBD45-EC-09-DC-49-E2-A484-898-CF2267-BC4.jpg
I bought a stack on Oak Isoblue from a PFM member a few years ago. I love the simplicity, just good looking.

First system pic in a while:

51429115226_a5971268a1_z.jpg

AV System
Sources: OPPO 103D blu ray player; Pioneer DV-600 DVD player; Amazon Fire TV thing; Nvidia Shield TV
Amplification: Marantz NR-1510 (processing and rear speakers in 4.0 setup); Naim NAP100 (front speakers, the ones on the wall)
Speakers: Kralk Audio BC-30s (one pair as front speakers and one pair as rear speakers)

Hi-Fi System
Sources: LP12 (pre-Cirkus with Denon DL-110 cart and Trichord Dino+ phono stage); Bluesound Node 2i (via coax digital out to Chord Qutest)
Amplification: Teddy Pardo i80a
Speakers: Tannoy Eaton Legacy

Other
Mana Acoustics
IsoAcoustic Gaia things
GIK Bass traps (not shown)
Towel to hide the TV when not in use
Shallow bowl for ease of rummaging when assembling Lego, which doubles as soundwave diffuser (allegedly, possibly)
Floating red sock

The room measures 3.25m in width, 4.3m in length and 3.15m in height. The Tannoys sound best when firing down the length of the room but because their ideal posititioning puts them way too close to the doorway I've had to settle for the second best option; there's no second best option in having them firing down the length of the room as they'd end up being too close to each other and so lose their ability to do a large sound stage. Firing down the length of the room is sadly an all-or-nothing option.

Fwiw, I'm running a Tape-Out from my Teddy Pardo amp into my AVR so I can play records and listen to streams from my Node 2i through my Kralk Audio speakers if and when I feel the need/desire to do so. Scenarios where I probably would are early morning and late night listening.

Oh, and the reason I'm using a DVD player as well as a blu ray player is that my OPPO can rip SACDs so I want its mech to last as long as possible.

(...) Oh, and the reason I'm using a DVD player as well as a blu ray player is that my OPPO can rip SACDs so I want its mech to last as long as possible.

Although I don't have any AV kit (I watch stuff on the iMac), I'm keeping my 1st generation Cambridge CXU for exactly the same reason.

First system pic in a while:

AV System
Sources: OPPO 103D blu ray player; Pioneer DV-600 DVD player; Amazon Fire TV thing; Nvidia Shield TV
Amplification: Marantz NR-1510 (processing and rear speakers in 4.0 setup); Naim NAP100 (front speakers, the ones on the wall)
Speakers: Kralk Audio BC-30s (one pair as front speakers and one pair as rear speakers)

Hi-Fi System
Sources: LP12 (pre-Cirkus with Denon DL-110 cart and Trichord Dino+ phono stage); Bluesound Node 2i (via coax digital out to Chord Qutest)
Amplification: Teddy Pardo i80a
Speakers: Tannoy Eaton Legacy

Other
Mana Acoustics
IsoAcoustic Gaia things
GIK Bass traps (not shown)
Towel to hide the TV when not in use
Shallow bowl for ease of rummaging when assembling Lego, which doubles as soundwave diffuser (allegedly, possibly)
Floating red sock

The room measures 3.25m in width, 4.3m in length and 3.15m in height. The Tannoys sound best when firing down the length of the room but because their ideal posititioning puts them way too close to the doorway I've had to settle for the second best option; there's no second best option in having them firing down the length of the room as they'd end up being too close to each other and so lose their ability to do a large sound stage. Firing down the length of the room is sadly an all-or-nothing option.

Fwiw, I'm running a Tape-Out from my Teddy Pardo amp into my AVR so I can play records and listen to streams from my Node 2i through my Kralk Audio speakers if and when I feel the need/desire to do so. Scenarios where I probably would are early morning and late night listening.

Oh, and the reason I'm using a DVD player as well as a blu ray player is that my OPPO can rip SACDs so I want its mech to last as long as possible.

Great set up Derek...... Oh, and one of my favourite albums too. Never a great recording .... but the music was a revelation to someone brought up in seventies Blackpool!! As I recall the band are on the back cover... all wearing coloured suits..... Gosh..... I would have given anything to be in that image.

I'd appreciate any details on the dust cover. Looks like something similar might work for me. Thanks!

The dust cover is the one which is supplied with the later Rega decks these days and I’d guess it’s possible to buy one from Rega directly.

Also, there is the Michell Unicover which appears to be very very similar in its design.

Cheers…..Dave

New additions:
51438875148_30e6dd1ea4_c.jpg

Sony ST-3950 and TA-5650 (actually, the tuner is not working at the moment but I couldn't resist the picture). Yes, I have done the "diode mod" to the VFET amp so hopefully it won't self destruct. 'lytic caps all look OK and those I could measure easily were good. Next job is to try and workout what is wrong with the tuner. Sounds pretty good, a bit brighter than the Quad606 I've had in the system, but nice and punchy with well defined bass. Might be a keeper. I didn't realise how big these are until I put them into the system. They are each about 2x the height of the Arcam alpha 5 CD (and about 5 times the weight).

Ok a new set up now :)
TURNTABLE SETUP
Michell Orbe, SME V, Benz Wood SL , Missing Link Log-Rhythm MK-2 Phono Interconnect
Fidelity Audio Custom Power Supply
Rothwell MC1 SUT
Rothwell Rialto

Speakers
ATC SCM7
ATC C1C Center
Roth Olly rears
BK XLS200 DF Sub

Music Fidelity M6SI
Bluesound Node V3
Clocked Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite

Fidelity Audio NNU X Reference Mains Purifier
Missing Link Mains cables, Alaqeia Interconnects , Dark Art
Audio Wire Speaker cable with Fidelity Audio NN Z Speaker Purifier

HiFi Racks Podium Reference White
Speaker Stands Dynaudio Stand 10

TURNTABLE SETUP
Michell Orbe, SME V, Benz Wood SL , Missing Link Log-Rhythm MK-2 Phono Interconnect
Rothwell MC1 SUT
Rothwell Rialto

Speakers
ATC SCM7
ATC C1C Center
Roth Olly rears
BK XLS200 DF Sub

Music Fidelity M6SI
Bluesound Node V3

Lovely set up

TURNTABLE SETUP
Rothwell MC1 SUT
Rothwell Rialto

Speakers
ATC SCM7
ATC C1C Center
Roth Olly rears
BK XLS200 DF Sub

Music Fidelity M6SI
Bluesound Node V3

Nice! But what happened to the Buchardts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back