advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
3XbomT
51390178286-fc6935dc8b-k.jpg

Please can you expand on whay]t your system is and the impact of the grounding boxes. Thanks

Please can you expand on whay]t your system is and the impact of the grounding boxes. Thanks

Analogue
Prometheus turntable
Schroeder Reference
Lyra Atlas

Whest Black Edition

Digital
Meitner MA1 DAC
Cyrus CD XT transport
Raspberry 2 USB output
Paul Hynes linear power supply

Cyrus DAB tuner

Amplifier
Vitus SIA-025

Speakers
BKS 107 mk II

Entreq Silver Tellus
Entreq Posiedon

speaker cables Audience AU24SE
Interconnects Yannis Tonne and Spotfire

The Posiedon is just grounding the Vitus. One ground on each negative speaker terminal. Third ground on rca input. The silver tellus grounds all other components including Nordost Thor. They are draining noise from components and it is progressive and takes 24 hours to reach a peak. The Vitus sits on Wave Kinetics A10-U8 feet.

ICG_7033.jpg

ICG_7031.jpg

The DAC is on the wall shelf that my turntable used to occupy. It's very heavy at 18KG but the Technics SL1200G was probably at least that.

I'd like to have the CD player on top of the DAC with the other components , which considering the hoof marks on top of the DAC, is how they used to be set up in their former life.
Not sure about stacking these things directly on top of each other though. The CD transport isn't light either

ICG_7033.jpg

ICG_7031.jpg

The DAC is on the wall shelf that my turntable used to occupy. It's very heavy at 18KG but the Technics SL1200G was probably at least that.

I'd like to have the CD player on top of the DAC with the other components , which considering the hoof marks on top of the DAC, is how they used to be set up in their former life.
Not sure about stacking these things directly on top of each other though. The CD transport isn't light either

I demand reimbursement for my keyboard which has suffered a drool-induced fault.

[QUOTE="k90tour, post: 4458324, member:
Not sure about stacking these things directly on top of each other though. The CD transport isn't light either[/QUOTE]

"... I should warn you. This is no time for complacency. There are still many things not on top of other things ..."

Analogue
Prometheus turntable
Schroeder Reference
Lyra Atlas

Whest Black Edition

Digital
Meitner MA1 DAC
Cyrus CD XT transport
Raspberry 2 USB output
Paul Hynes linear power supply

Cyrus DAB tuner

Amplifier
Vitus SIA-025

Speakers
BKS 107 mk II

Entreq Silver Tellus
Entreq Posiedon

speaker cables Audience AU24SE
Interconnects Yannis Tonne and Spotfire

The Posiedon is just grounding the Vitus. One ground on each negative speaker terminal. Third ground on rca input. The silver tellus grounds all other components including Nordost Thor. They are draining noise from components and it is progressive and takes 24 hours to reach a peak. The Vitus sits on Wave Kinetics A10-U8 feet.

Thanks for this
Are you able to describe the effect of the grounding on each unit?

I’m building a classic ‘70s Sony system, here’s where I am to date:

dee2f29c6530b22855e2e5611188d3445ded48ad.jpeg

TA-F6B Amp bought from @VanDerGraaf, who went above and beyond to get it to me!

TC-K6B Cassette “obtained”from our Dear Leader @Tony L.

TC-765 R2R I’ve had for a while.

What started this quest? Well, Tony posted a pic of the cassette deck, and I noticed the buttons matched the ones on the R2R… and off we go!

Next on the list is a period Sony DD TT, and a ST-A6B tuner, then perhaps some nice JBLs or Kralk 3 way speakers…

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back