Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2020

Discussion in 'audio' started by Cereal Killer, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Damas

Damas pfm Member

Yes I like the system a lot. The room now is a bit small for the speakers, they were bought to fill a big villa in Abu Dhabi which is where the Henna painting came from, it's of two hands. Have a Whest Two phonostage so no phono boards in the 102 and it is powered by both TPX1s yes.

2. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

SHort update for my system since it's changed quite a bit since I got the speakers...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's not the most impressive setup nor the fanciest photos (from my phone) but I like it. The amp is on sale-or-return, but I'm leaning very much towards buying it. Main changes are that I've brought the Mjolnir into the same unit as the rest of the kit, and moved the LPSU and Neo into the cupboard on the left hand side.

3. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

Is that a Rega P8?

4. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Yes, with whatever arm it comes with and an Apheta 2. Plus a custom cover for it (a wee bit too tall in hindsight IMHO) and a black panther ornament thingy that used to sit on the amp but since the amp isn't technically mine I didn't want to risk any marks.

5. Woodface

Woodface pfm Member

I do plan to listen to a P8 as a possible alternative to my LP12 & would look at a custom cover rather than the crap thing it comes with.

6. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Absolutely. The first thing I did when I got the deck was order up a proper cover. It's not ideal - I originally wanted enough headroom to put the P8 on an internal isolated plinth, before I got the wall shelf - but it keeps the dust off and is large enough it could feasibly be re-purposed as a dust cover for the Luxman (if I extended the rear cut-outs). By the way, a big change from the LP12s I've owned, although arguably different rather than better. Certainly more consistent. But that's for another thread....

7. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

Love the look of Luxmans (Luxmen?). Is that beast Class A?

8. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Yes. It's a fine thing indeed, and sounds great. Doesn't quite heat the room as well as I'd hoped, so I can't rely on it over our radiators :). But seriously, it's proper grown up hifi without the drama....

9. Neiro

Neiro pfm Member

A friend has just bought the same amp, I had a listen last week and thought it was bloody marvellous. Now thinking about it a lot, might have to buy one. Lovely thing.

JTC likes this.
  10. krenzler

krenzler pfm Member

Surely you jest? :) Looks bloody lovely.

jamesd and JTC like this.
  11. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Only half in jest, since it’s quite a simple system really. No multiple boxes and power supplies, etc. But it all plays together nicely :)

12. ThELiZ

ThELiZ pfm Member

Not the most impressive setup? That’s my absolute endgame. Dream speakers with my favourite ever amp. Nicely done!

JTC likes this.
  13. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

[​IMG]

Ming Da Piccolo
    Pi/Digione Signature/ Shanti
    Benchmark Dac
    Rel T Zero
    Super Elfs

14. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

White Devons arrived yesterday, and unpacked today. My temporary stands aren’t the most elegant, but do the job! Some open frame stands in silk white might be a nice match.

This could finally be it. Detail, scale, imaging. It’s all there, and bass goes pretty deep without overly exciting the room. No idea how that works.

Excellent job @cooky1257 :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

One advantage of the Audio Note Oto blowing up is that I could tidy up the system as the amp it's temporarily been replaced with is much smaller. So my little living room system has been revised to fit into the space available in the TV unit we have. As usual Ludo decided to get in on the picture, this time while working his way through a huge chunk of cow-bone:

[​IMG]
    The system is now:
    - Project Debut III with acrylic platter and speed box and a Denon DL110
    - Cambridge Audio phono stage
    - Squeezebox Touch
    - Musical Fidelity M1CDT transport
    - Musical Fidelity M1DAC
    - Onix DNA-45 (one of the few actually our in the wild I expect)
    - Triangle Titus XS speakers
    - Atacama Moseco 6 stands

Not quite a lovely sounding as when the Oto was use, but still sounds decent.

16. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

The like is 50/50 hifi/pooch :)

TheDecameron and SteveG like this.
  17. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

So glad you like them, they will look the bizz on white stands for sure. They will get even better, enjoy!

Whaleblue likes this.
  18. HiFiman

HiFiman Don't tell him Pike

Took advantage of the £399 special offer on the Node 2i this now feeds the Qutest and for all you eagle eyed yes thats a Nait 2 :)

[​IMG]

Weekender, radamel, sandy8 and 10 others like this.
  19. HiFiman

HiFiman Don't tell him Pike

Today I dug my SL2s out to try on the end of the Nait 2

[​IMG]

Excellent result the Nait has no issues driving these babies.

Weekender, radamel, Tarzan and 12 others like this.
  20. JTC

JTC PFM Villager...

Naits, especially the 2, have always punched well above their weight. There was a point where I considered using our CB Nait 2 as the amp behind the big Tannoys!

Faux and HiFiman like this.