advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at the Omega speakers, what's your view on them so far? Was the ordering process ok (they're imports from the US aren't they?)

For the start of 2020, I am assembling a 'greatest hits' of my past extensive systems, narrowing down to a somewhat simple system.
I have some kit that has been with me for quite a while (Decware Zen, Sony DVP-S9000ES and the Rega P9) along with a Bryston B60R which is the second one I've owned. The speakers are a long term DIY project, Supravox 165-2000 from ~300Hz and up, and a Supravox 285GMF below, active via a MiniDSP 2x4HD.

Sony DVP-S9000ES SACD/CDP
Rega P9 & Rega Ania Cartridge
Ray Samuels F-117 Battery Phono Stage
Bryston B60R (Pre Section) into MiniDSP 2x4HD
>Decware Zen DIY SE84C >> Supravox 165-2000 Full-Range Driver
>Bryston B60R (Power Section) >> Supravox 285GMF Bass Driver

I will probably move away from the MiniDSP unit as I have a hum issue with the setup, which although it sounds good the hum is too intrusive at the moment.

I am planning a long term partner to these, re-visiting two speakers from my past, the ATC SCM10 and/or some larger Tannoys again. I still have my trusty Rega R9 speakers, another long term member of my greatest hits, although I just cant get them to work with my current room.

System
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Jake has been brought over to the dark side of omni’s! Enjoy the Decware, they are awesome speakers! I like the Version you have better than the newer ones, look better too in my opinion!

James, love your little Christmas tree! I missed having one this year, mine were always small and simple, but loved them. Christmas just didn’t seem like Christmas this year....Happy New Year all!

We have a full sizer too, but my wife thought the kids would like the little one too. Will probably become a tradition!

Very interesting speakers Jake, looks like you're still in the same place.

Yep, found a house, and then a buyer, but the chap selling the place we wanted decided to stay put, and we couldn’t find anything else we liked. Going for PP to extend instead. Hopefully we’ll get it.

Seem to Dan, sounding pretty good. I think they’ll benefit from some extra height here, much like my old LVs did.

I've been looking at the Omega speakers, what's your view on them so far? Was the ordering process ok (they're imports from the US aren't they?)

Still playing around with positioning as the soundstage changes massively even with little position changes. They only have around 15 hours on them so far but they are a very impressive speaker. I'm a little dubious of the 42 Hz claim as they don't seem to go very low but I'll wait and see if the bass widens a bit given time. The most impressive thing is the speed and detail they throw out, a very fun and engaging speaker so far.

Ordering was easy, got them via the UK dealer and he kept me updated every week or two, once they landed in the UK from the US he had them shipped to me the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back