System pics 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings from NYC!

The system:

qsO7IVM.jpg

The room:

QZYP4yU.jpg

The rug: Turkish. Bought by my wife's grandparents in Turkey in the 1950s. We have three more.

The Replacements: courtesy of @Tony L

The bridge: Williamsburg.

In less-important matters, the system is:

An LP12 with Kore, Radikal, and an Aro. Cartridge is a Dynavector 20x2L -- the two small boxes just behind the 'table are a Dynavector SUP-200 step-up transformer and P75 phono stage.

Digital duties are courtesy of a Sonore ultraRendu and Uptone Audio LPS 1.2 power supply, which are connected to my latest addition: an RME ADI-2 DAC, which is pretty damn great. These items are sitting on the "CCCP" book, which is a photo collection of bizarre Soviet architecture. Beneath the book is my trusty, ever-faithful CD5, which is goosed by a Hicap 2 on the lower left.

Amp is a 282, CB Hicap with Avondale TPR4, and 250.2. On the far left is a KingSound headphone amp.

Speakers are the Devore Fidelity Gibbon 8, which are made just across the East River from me in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.

All the best to you and yours for a great 2019!

--Joe
YPTxVvt
wow! what a great view you have...super cool!

oh, and the match on television is Leeds/Forest.

my feelings about English football were formed in the late 1990s, watching Fox Sports World in my college dorm. accordingly, I love Arsenal. also accordingly, I love Leeds and need them to make it back to the Premier League so i can have one more team in the division to root for. (it appalls me that Kroenke is using Arsenal as a cash machine to finance a new stadium for the Rams in Los Angeles.)

I like the look of the Biennale book too - having just returned from a pre Christmas trip to Venice

Greetings from NYC!

The system:

qsO7IVM.jpg

The room:

QZYP4yU.jpg

The rug: Turkish. Bought by my wife's grandparents in Turkey in the 1950s. We have three more.

The Replacements: courtesy of @Tony L

The bridge: Williamsburg.

In less-important matters, the system is:

An LP12 with Kore, Radikal, and an Aro. Cartridge is a Dynavector 20x2L -- the two small boxes just behind the 'table are a Dynavector SUP-200 step-up transformer and P75 phono stage.

Digital duties are courtesy of a Sonore ultraRendu and Uptone Audio LPS 1.2 power supply, which are connected to my latest addition: an RME ADI-2 DAC, which is pretty damn great. These items are sitting on the "CCCP" book, which is a photo collection of bizarre Soviet architecture. Beneath the book is my trusty, ever-faithful CD5, which is goosed by a Hicap 2 on the lower left.

Amp is a 282, CB Hicap with Avondale TPR4, and 250.2. On the far left is a KingSound headphone amp.

Speakers are the Devore Fidelity Gibbon 8, which are made just across the East River from me in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.

All the best to you and yours for a great 2019!

--Joe
YPTxVvt

Just flat out f’ing cool. Cheers!

thank you all for the kind comments! i got a Music Matters reissue of Hank Mobley's Soul Station in the mail today; it's sounding right decent on the ol' fruit box!

MJG-Nice setup, looks nice and relaxing. I also like the Charlotte Gainsbourg album cover!

Reactions: MJG
MJG-Nice setup, looks nice and relaxing. I also like the Charlotte Gainsbourg album cover!

Thanks Tim,

Yes you've hit the nail on the head, it is very relaxing. Its not an expensive set up but it performs brilliantly. I wanted simplicity. I'm intrigued by the New Sonos AMP as it looks like its going to be easily updated and a bit more future proof. Other than that I'm set. The Gainsbourg is excellent and well worth a listen.

See signature for most recent set-up. Just took delivery of a Croft Riaa R - very happy with that purchase!
ajpmVYCm.jpg

And the unorthodox placement of my speakers:
yfvgAckm.jpg

Thanks. Sound wise it hasn't changed (that was the reason for buying it) or maybe only a tiny tiny bit. My acoustic adviser told me today (after I bought the used rug) that I don't need a rug because of the focus of the horns. But I like how our room looks with it.

"The rug really ties the room together".:oops:

Thanks. Sound wise it hasn't changed (that was the reason for buying it). My acoustic adviser told me today (after I bought the used rug) that I don't need a rug because of the focus of the horns. But I like how our room looks with it.

"The rug really ties the room together".:oops:
A win/win then, as you were already happy with the balance of sound before. :)

Sadly not that happy in that room, the speakers worked out better in the room (another flat) before. But that is way offtopic here.

Thanks at all.
@TheDecameron : Sorry I'm no native, an underlay for the rug? No there is none, we have a floor heater and therefore an underlay will not work (I guess). For what do you use/need an underlay for a rug (sorry I'm a complete rug noob).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back