advertisement

System pics 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work in progress... We now have a listening room about 3.7m*4.8m. The room needs decorating, also some sound deadening I think. I'll also try the speakers on the long wall instead. It all sounds pretty good but a bit 'thin' compared with what I am used to from smaller furnished rooms. Still, very nice to have a spare room for music. Naim amps and streamer, Roksan Xerxes 20plus, Ovator S400s.

Music room_1 by Ian123_running, on Flickr

Work in progress... We now have a listening room about 3.7m*4.8m. The room needs decorating, also some sound deadening I think. I'll also try the speakers on the long wall instead. It all sounds pretty good but a bit 'thin' compared with what I am used to from smaller furnished rooms. Still, very nice to have a spare room for music. Naim amps and streamer, Roksan Xerxes 20plus, Ovator S400s.

Music room_1 by Ian123_running, on Flickr

How do you know which was is up? :)

Looks good though!

Yer could do with a pair of Richrd Burton's up at that window like.
The DIY Supravox Open Baffle speakers have been packed away to be stored for a while, as I go simple in the main system for a bit....

......with the arrival of my trusty Rega R9s back from a mate. So its a bit of a greatest hits selection at the moment, and although the B60R has only been here for a month or so, I did have one for a few years a couple of years back so that counts…

Rega P9/Ania
F-117 Nighthawk Phono
Sony DVP-S9000ES
Bryston B60R
Rega R9

I'd love a matching Bryston BCD-1 CDP but its well out of my price range, and the S9000ES just keeps going on and sounding great, even if it is a huge Champagne lump of a thing!

System
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

System
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

Bought a pair of Larcs from fellow fishie just recently. Here they are in the office. Sounding very good indeed and loving the way they look. They get moved around quite a bit depending on where I’m sitting/standing, so being able to pick them up in one hand is a big plus.

The Elf’s will be moved to the lounge to try out with a Rel S2 subwoofer, to see how they compare with the Arcs. The Arcs sound wonderful but there’s something about the Elf’s, is a sub brings them close I’ll sell the Arcs....maybe.

48908749218_011f2db5dd_b.jpg

Bought a pair of Larcs from fellow fishie just recently. Here they are in the office. Sounding very good indeed and loving the way they look. They get moved around quite a bit depending on where I’m sitting/standing, so being able to pick them up in one hand is a big plus.

The Elf’s will be moved to the lounge to try out with a Rel S2 subwoofer, to see how they compare with the Arcs. The Arcs sound wonderful but there’s something about the Elf’s, is a sub brings them close I’ll sell the Arcs....maybe.

48908749218_011f2db5dd_b.jpg
Look forward to hearing how they compare.

Switched around 90 degrees so the speakers are now on the long wall firing across the room with the chairs close to the back wall... SO much better. The bass is back, the sound has atmosphere and it is all starting to sound much more like it. More decorating over the next few days and probably some soft furnishings / fabrics - it's a very 'live' space at the moment. Then a whisky shelf and we'll be getting there...

Listening room_2 by Ian123_running, on Flickr

System stack_1 by Ian123_running, on Flickr

Switched around 90 degrees so the speakers are now on the long wall firing across the room with the chairs close to the back wall... SO better. The bass is back, the sound has atmosphere and it is all starting to sound much more like it. More decorating over the next few days and probably some soft furnishings / fabrics - it's a very 'live' space at the moment. Then a whisky shelf and we'll be getting there...

Listening room_2 by Ian123_running, on Flickr

System stack_1 by Ian123_running, on Flickr
Love the wall hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back