advertisement

System pics 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only additions this year were a new Sony OLED TV, HD700s and some minor acoustic treatments.

How it looks at the moment:

CDEE7-A6-E-6-B0-A-4-C3-D-BAFE-AFAD2-B330-E81.jpg

How it looks almost every other day:

07-F83947-7-E7-D-499-B-8-E3-F-25313-B82-DF91.jpg

PS: Leave my rug alone !!! :)

Main system pics from this afternoon

System
0tcXOh.jpg

Studer A820
Rye2Pf.jpg

Otari MTR12
OfKMvT.jpg

Platine Verdier, Schroeder Model2/Allaerts MC1B, Hadcock 228/Decca C4E, Jolida Foz XT-R, GT Audio Verdier Battery PSU (out of picture)
ulQDZ8.jpg

TRON Voyager power amp (single tube amplifier EML 20B)
2R1Pmm.jpg

Left to right: Pioneer CDR609; Dolby 363 noise reduction unit with Dolby SR/Dolby A cards; TRON Seven Reference Phono; TRON Meteor preamplifier; Sony tape selector
Mp2R18.jpg

You win.

Shatterhand,

Rug comments in the system pics threads are why Tony now has a rug, man. However, I think it is the entire forum's fervent desire that no one pees on it, even though that's how this often plays out.

Joe
My office has standard blue commercial carpet, but I've been thinking about a leather desk blotter or similar. Would this tie my desktop system together, or does it need to be kilim?

The system has been relegated to the basement while we finish up some renovations on the main level. Having a low / exposed ceiling and a room full of 'junk' makes for a surprisingly quiet acoustic space. The first photo was taken using the 'diorama' mode on my camera...in an attempt to blur out the clutter!

I've been breaking in two new components simultaneously, a JVC Z1010 integrated and a pair of Davis Olympia One Master speakers. More details on these new units as I become more familiar with them - but I can say that both have been very impressive right from the get-go.

gi.mpl

I have also come up with a temporary storage solution form my VPI armwands...an old Pelican case. Air tight!

gi.mpl

Last edited:
Some lovey systems/pics in this thread.

Haven't seen a Nait yet, so here's one below.

Yep, I know the Kans need their stands, but until I find some they sound so much better on top of speakers rather than any furniture.

Haven't got an excuse for other speakers in the same room.

God ! ... love the excess of it all there Doc.

Joe,

The excess is upstairs - My 2 x Sony APR 5000 series (actually my favourite R2R machines), a Studer A807/II, another Dolby 363 unit, PPM meters, plus about 150-200 x 15 ips 2 track tapes :)

Charlie

Super budget system - Denon DR - M12HR & Superlux HD668B - Total cost £48

Sounds FAB and the headphone amp in the Denon is excellent.

@ Charlie_1, I haven’t seen one of those Archidee turntable stands in many a year :).
Yeah, they seem to be very rare. I bought this one on ebay several years ago. My saved search hasn't picked up another one since then.

I find the LP12 replays individual melodies better when on the Archidee, but I prefer it on the rack where it's better able to maintain inter-instrument timing which I seem to find more important to my enjoyment.

I'm getting an Audiotech wall shelf soon so that will be interesting to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back