advertisement

System pics 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Matty297 have you speedball'd the crack?
Done pretty much everything possible to the Crack. Speedball and a Triad Choke are night and day differences and TKD pot is a definite upgrade everything else not so much!
Tubes wise Svetlana 6H13C can be had for not a lot and betters everything else I have tried!
B6817242-587D-46F6-9115-F9F98F1966A8_zpspsz1pk9v.jpg

j58BKhn.jpg

I got tired of draining my phone battery to listen to headphones at work, so I put a spare iPhone on a stand, hooked it up to a Schiit Fulla 2, and am having a great time streaming Apple Music to my Grado SR60e.

edit: That's an iPad

Last edited:
Hey Totoman,

I have a similar set up to you (yam and yggy) and be interested in hearing about your experience with the tannoys and celestion. Also do you ever run the Sennheiser HD600 from the Yamaha's headphone output?
Welcome to PFM, Sutra!

The Tannoys and Celestions are great with the Yammy, in fact all of the speakers I've tried are great on it. I've been a Yamaha user for the last 15 years (started with vintage, CR-1000, CA-1000, CR-2020, then moved onto the A-S1000, A-S2000 and A-S3000), and to my ears they all strike a very natural balance between transparency/detail and musicality/fluidity, making it relatively easy to pair speakers to. And yes, I do use its built-in headphone amp on my Sennheisers and it's excellent, - no complaints. I bought the Schiit amps to provide more variety and compatibility with exotic / hard-to-drive headphones (I review headphones from time to time so need this facility).

Yes, indeed... :).

But, for bonus points, do you know what the tall thin bottle is in the picture with a radiator in it?

46585741181_b3d12dde38_b.jpg

Major changes since last year: 100+ year old Persian rug, a green Space Invader atop right Lockwood cab, and a Nagaoka MP-500 cartridge. Rest of system: Thorens TD-124, SME 3009, Rega Apollo-R, DPA PDM3, Akai 4000DB, Verdier Control B, Quad 303, 15" Monitor Golds in early-60s Lockwood Universal Major cabs. (Decca Kelly DK30 tweeters currently not used).

Shatterhand,

Rug comments in the system pics threads are why Tony now has a rug, man. However, I think it is the entire forum's fervent desire that no one pees on it, even though that's how this often plays out.

Joe

Main system pics from this afternoon

System
0tcXOh.jpg

Studer A820
Rye2Pf.jpg

Otari MTR12
OfKMvT.jpg

Platine Verdier, Schroeder Model2/Allaerts MC1B, Hadcock 228/Decca C4E, Jolida Foz XT-R, GT Audio Verdier Battery PSU (out of picture)
ulQDZ8.jpg

TRON Voyager power amp (single tube amplifier EML 20B)
2R1Pmm.jpg

Left to right: Pioneer CDR609; Dolby 363 noise reduction unit with Dolby SR/Dolby A cards; TRON Seven Reference Phono; TRON Meteor preamplifier; Sony tape selector
Mp2R18.jpg

en·tire
/ənˈtī(ə)r/

adjective
  1. with no part left out; whole.
    "my plans are to travel the entire world"
    synonyms: whole, complete, total, full;
    undivided
    "I devoted my entire life to him"

noun
  1. an uncastrated male horse.

Wants I should do anything else? Rub my belly while tapping my head?

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back