advertisement

System pics 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
39788734151_bb742e0253_k.jpg
DSC_0091 by Philip Johnson, on Flickr

Could you list your set-up please? Very cool system.

Thanks Hifinity. Having finally completed a property purchase and moved in I'm sorely tempted to buy stands...but... I have a container full of household goods arriving in the next 10 weeks or so that look something like this I'm tempted to hold off.

8.jpg

Thanks Hifinity. Having finally completed a property purchase and moved in I'm sorely tempted to buy stands...but... I have a container full of household goods arriving in the next 10 weeks or so that look something like this I'm tempted to hold off.

8.jpg
Nice stands - they look like sound structure stands?

Good luck with the container

Could you list your set-up please? Very cool system.
Analogue
Turntable/Tonearm/Cartridge - Dr. Feickert Woodpecker/Kuzma S12 VTA unipivot/Gold Note Vasari Gold Moving Magnet (May put my Dynavector 17d3 back on soon).
Phono Stage - Ray Samuels Audio Nighthawk

Digital

Streamer - Bluesound Node
DAC - Schiit Gungnir Multibit (Hooked up to Gungnir via Optical. This is the only digital output on the Node)
CD Player - Yamaha CD-S300 (hooked up to Gungnir via SPDIF - for playing very occasional CDs, usually cover discs from music mags)

Amplification
Pre-amp/DAC - Burson Audio Conductor V2+ (DAC section used for hooking up TV.)
Power Amp - Burson Audio Timekeeper Virtuoso
Burson is an Australian audio brand - https://www.bursonaudio.com/

Speakers
Magneplanar MG 1.7

Other Gear (Mostly out of shot)
Power filter/conditioner - Isotek Polaris and Isotek power cords (The entry level ones)
Analogue cabling - Mixture of Mogami and Van Damme
NAS Drive - Synology DS212
All of the gear is placed on ikea aptitlig bamboo chopping boards for a bit of isolation (N.B. Picture shows that the Power Amp is not, but this photo was taken a short while back, before I'd purchased a complete set of boards)

Analogue
Turntable/Tonearm/Cartridge - Dr. Feickert Woodpecker/Kuzma S12 VTA unipivot/Gold Note Vasari Gold Moving Magnet (May put my Dynavector 17d3 back on soon).
Phono Stage - Ray Samuels Audio Nighthawk

Digital

Streamer - Bluesound Node
DAC - Schiit Gungnir Multibit (Hooked up to Gungnir via Optical. This is the only digital output on the Node)
CD Player - Yamaha CD-S300 (hooked up to Gungnir via SPDIF - for playing very occasional CDs, usually cover discs from music mags)

Amplification
Pre-amp/DAC - Burson Audio Conductor V2+ (DAC section used for hooking up TV.)
Power Amp - Burson Audio Timekeeper Virtuoso
Burson is an Australian audio brand - https://www.bursonaudio.com/

Speakers
Magneplanar MG 1.7

Other Gear (Mostly out of shot)
Power filter/conditioner - Isotek Polaris and Isotek power cords (The entry level ones)
Analogue cabling - Mixture of Mogami and Van Damme
NAS Drive - Synology DS212
All of the gear is placed on ikea aptitlig bamboo chopping boards for a bit of isolation (N.B. Picture shows that the Power Amp is not, but this photo was taken a short while back, before I'd purchased a complete set of boards)

@wwelly Thanks very much for taking the time to compile the comprehensive list, much appreciated.
Loads of really interesting gear to read up on. :)

Did you find the bamboo boards made a noticeale improvement? I'm thinking of replacing my granite boards with bamboo under my speakers. I know all that lovely gear on show and I ask about chopping boards.:rolleyes::p

Cheers
Rob

@wwelly Thanks very much for taking the time to compile the comprehensive list, much appreciated.
Loads of really interesting gear to read up on. :)

Did you find the bamboo boards made a noticeale improvement? I'm thinking of replacing my granite boards with bamboo under my speakers. I know all that lovely gear on show and I ask about chopping boards.:rolleyes::p

Cheers
Rob

A subtle change... I think maybe it was audio paranoia, seeing all the gear on the large lump that is the overall cabinet. Saying that, it is cheap to try and, if you don't hear an improvement, then your kitchen will be well equipped with chopping boards for years to come... ;)
I've also purchased a bunch of these ("ebony" footers) to put between the boards and the cabinet.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
A subtle change... I think maybe it was audio paranoia, seeing all the gear on the large lump that is the overall cabinet. Saying that, it is cheap to try and, if you don't hear an improvement, then your kitchen will be well equipped with chopping boards for years to come... ;)
I've also purchased a bunch of these ("ebony" footers) to put between the boards and the cabinet.

I bought some Sonic Design feet last week and I've been impressed with those so far.
www.divineaudio.co.uk/sonic-design-damping-feet-for-standard-loudspeaker-hifi-equipment-set-of-8

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
For completeness, I guess I should also post a quick pic of my "second system", which is a headphone only setup.
It comprises:
Source: a 12 Inch Asus laptop (Out of shot) running jriver 19, streaming from the Synology NAS or, alternatively, Spotify.
DAC: Moodlab Dice
Headphone Amp: Schiit Lyr 2 (Only a month or two old...Nice!)
Headphones: Oppo PM-3

I think i posted this pic recently in a thread about headphone recommendations.
Anyway, here's the pic:

DSC_0205 by Philip Johnson, on Flickr

I love the neat systems, where the owner has taken enormous trouble to make it look really tidy without cables on view. Mine is nothing like that, even if it is arguably one of the simplest systems on PFM...

andrewd said:
Nice minimalist Naim system:) Looks like there's room for another 9 power supplies there!

People should be able to post pictures of their systems in a systems picture thread without sarcastic and idiotic comments like that.

With Andrewd's smiley in there, I took this as being a humorous comment. But then again, I do stray onto the Naim forum from time to time, where his comment would be the most likely advice offered for upgrading.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back