advertisement

System pics 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boxes? For all your hifi bits? In a box that fits on the rack? And looks like a hifi component?

You sir are a genius. Thank you.

Only problem: box count suffers for this idea.
Seriously speaking I needed to cover the holes in the back of the furniture and those boxes were almost right for the purpose.
P.S. I' m not sure my english is correct. Sorry.

Only problem: box count suffers for this idea.
Seriously speaking I needed to cover the holes in the back of the furniture and those boxes were almost right for the purpose.
P.S. I' m not sure my english is correct. Sorry.

Picked these ATC 20-2 ASL's up on Saturday. They'll do till I can unpack my SCM100ASLT's again.

IMG_20180121_201055.jpg

IMG_20180121_201020.jpg

Last edited:
I had a pair of the 20-2's with a CA2 preamp quite a long while back, enjoyed them. Used a Naim CDS2 as source. Just fun setup and relatively simple. Miss it every now and then!

How big are they? They look like they’d be small in the top pic, but look ginormous in the lower one!
Their Pro cousins are:
Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD) 448 x 270 x 310mm
Overall Weight 30.0kg (66.lb)

So these will be much the same.

Grief, how did I miss the ATC badges! What vintage would they be?
I recall thinking of buying a set in Australia back in 2004 in addition to the SCM100ASLT's. Not sure when they stopped making them. Whilst they are in mint condition and sound great I'll be calling ATC this week to arrange for a once over. I'm sure they'll be able to tell me what vintage based on the serial numbers. It's great to have that wonderful ATC midrange back in play, I've missed the 100's since I crated them in anticipation of an international move.

Been 5 mths since we moved everything from London to Bonn and after various experimentations in a new room, I have landed up with a system totally different from what I started:
From power hungry Shahinian Obelisks to valve friendly Devore Gibbon Super 9s
From Conrad Johnson/Plinius 200 wpc pre-power combo to a 22 wpc Line Magnetic 518 SET integrated
From Chord 2Qute to Auralic Vega
From Oracle Delphi to a Scheu Diamond TT

Feeling rather pleased listening to Blonde on Blonde on DSD right now..

IMG_7875 by Debanjan Banerjee, on Flickr

IMG_5747 by Debanjan Banerjee, on Flickr

IMG_2550 by Debanjan Banerjee, on Flickr

Very nice, but is that a Croft in there?
You should be listening to Blonde on Blonde on vinyl. DSD? Bad vibe, man. More LSD.

Very nice, but is that a Croft in there?
You should be listening to Blonde on Blonde on vinyl. DSD? Bad vibe, man. More LSD.
Yup its a Croft 25R currently doing duties as a phono stage only.
I got the ridiculously pricey 45RPM MoFi Blonde on Blonde on vinyl but frankly speaking can't be arsed changing sides so many damn times.
The DSD version from the MoFi SACD is actually very very good...

Banjo:
do tell more about the transition from chord to auralic? How come, and what‘s the change?

I know you just moved, but you need more fabric (rugs/curtains/sofas) in that lively place!!!

Banjo:
do tell more about the transition from chord to auralic? How come, and what‘s the change?

I know you just moved, but you need more fabric (rugs/curtains/sofas) in that lively place!!!

I am really in two minds between them TBH. The Auralic is smoother and warmer - quite a bit more than the Chord. There's nice detail but I am missing the higher transparency, attack and dynamics that the Chord does so well. The only reason for sticking to the Vega for now is that I use a Mac Mini with Audirvana as my main digital source and I really dont like the USB input on the 2Qute - a bit too thin and bright for my taste. The Auralic is much more consistent on USB.

I had great results earlier with a Sonicweld Diverter USB-SPDIF converter with the 2Qute but started having software issues with that set up and gave up
Might try some USB-SPDIF converters again...

They sound better toed in here in my room, the lid came with the TT when I bought so have no idea where the previous owner got it.

Not a big fan of the jap amps but even then I don't think it would come close to the Pass Alephs.
You have made real changes over just few years I remember when you were right into Linn and Naim do you ever miss that sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back