advertisement

System pics 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really was under the impression that omnidirectional speakers were unaffected by toe in. The best test is your ears, so let's see what happens.

Regards

Mick

Omnidirectional is a design aim.

However, life is never that simple!

A somewhat temporary setup, but I’m rather liking it.

24945249997_836686757c_c.jpg

Crikey Ian, that's a lovely system. Quite a change from the ATCs

Thanks Dan. The Rotel is in there temporarily, and will be replaced by the Yamaha CA-1010 I picked up a couple of weeks ago that’s in for a little work with @toprepairman

The Rotel is a very pleasant surprise though, and my daughter thinks it’s very cool, so I’ll put it aside for her, and keep a lookout for some appropriate speakers for her.

The NS-1000s are arguably as good with mids as the ATCs, and just work much better in my room. Love them!

PHTycS8.jpg

I thought I'd join the 70s Rotel love in with my RA-412, I am not much of a photographer though :D

If you look closely you can just make out my latest purchase too, Cambridge DACMAGIC XS

I think it's a great idea, 'vintage DSP' if you can't escape having one speaker in a corner and the other not! I keep meaning to borrow the Kytes off my kitchen wall and give the vintage surround sound, i.e. 'simulated 4-Channel' a go too. I assume it's one of these affairs possibly with some extra filters...
p18_fig1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back