advertisement

System pics 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
People should be able to post pictures of their systems in a systems picture thread without sarcastic and idiotic comments like that.
Fairly gentle and innocuous comment really imo. Rug jokes feature regularly in this thread too and never fail to raise a smile. You could just grow a sense of humour.
What strikes me about many system pics is most of the rooms either don't look lived in(I abhor clinical tidiness) and/or are full of hard reflective surfaces that must play hell with system sound.

The Kandinsky from his Bauhaus period is system-appropriate. It was around that time he developed his theory associating colours with musical notes and chords.

Ah! I had no idea who the pictures were by; thanks for letting us know! A quick Google brings a veritable feast of Art!

@Hungry Halibut think I recognise the Poole Pottery on the left of the mantelpiece but is that an Anita Harris pot on the right side?

Clamshell Rega Mira, Laptop playing Tidal into a Rega IO Dac with a Redkey USB to Spdif converter and Snell Ks...
73911993-6D01-438C-B5CA-90F7637B046A_zpspoy9ctjy.jpg

Maybe a more “lived in” environment than some. Should have got the duster out before I took the photos.

Dining room system:

Quad 34/303
Sonos Connect
Wyred4Sound Dac2
Arcam FMJ CD37
Nakamichi DR-8
Audio-technica PL-120 with Shure M97XE cartridge
Spendor 11 Ohm LS3/5a speakers

L3qm

Bedroom system:

Quad 34/405/FM3
Sonos
Audiolab M-dac
Akai GX-4000D
Harbeth P3ESR speakers

j8G3

Oh god, your bedroom system! Just for the bedroom? Incredible.

I like to listen in bed!

Also, the history is that I used to have a dedicated listening room in one of the spare bedrooms but I rarely used it so I returned the room to being a guest bedroom and moved a scaled-down system into my room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back