advertisement

System Pics 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ross, That is one gorgeous setup! May I ask...

What cartridge do you have on the AMG Viella?

Sorry if I missed this but what phono stage are you using and is it the same one for both tables? If it's the same, does it have 2 inputs so both your tables are always hooked up?

Just to be clear, that's an RP8 in your setup and not an RP10, right?

Exposure XVI amps... Did they always have the "cyan-green" power switch lamps? I thought they use to be red. Just curious.

Enjoy!

Hi Ross, That is one gorgeous setup! May I ask...

What cartridge do you have on the AMG Viella?

Sorry if I missed this but what phono stage are you using and is it the same one for both tables? If it's the same, does it have 2 inputs so both your tables are always hooked up?

Just to be clear, that's an RP8 in your setup and not an RP10, right?

Exposure XVI amps... Did they always have the "cyan-green" power switch lamps? I thought they use to be red. Just curious.

Enjoy!
Thanks, Frank.

I am using a Benz Ruby Z on the AMG. I am also using two different phono stages - a TE Groove Anniversary and a Naim Superline/Teddy Supercap. The AMG is connected to the Groove Anniversary, which I think is a little better than the Superline/Supercap.

Yes, it's an RP8. I also have an RP10, which is currently for sale.

Well spotted on the 16 mono power switches. Yes, they have been replaced. This is because I had to have soft-start circuits fitted into them, because otherwise they draw so much current on start up that they would trip the fuses of my house. Unfortunately this meant replacing the switches and my technician was not able to source the correct switches. I would have preferred red switches, but it is preferable to not being able to use the amps at all.

Ross

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Ross - how do you find the Metrum Pavane and what did you replace with it?
I like the Pavane very much. It replaces a series of DACs which have gone through my system in the last few years, including Bel Canto DAC 3.5, Meitner MA1, Chord QBD76, Chord Hugo, Chord QuteHD, Auralic Vega, Calyx Femto, Resonessence Mira, and most recently the Hegel HD25. I also compared it extensively with the Yggdrasil when I bought it, to which the Pavane was clearly superior. The Pavane has a rich, deep, colourful sound, and is a tad on the warmer side of neutral. Until now the Hegel HD25 has been my preferred DAC, but the Pavane has supplanted it.

I like the Pavane very much. It replaces a series of DACs which have gone through my system in the last few years, including Bel Canto DAC 3.5, Meitner MA1, Chord QBD76, Chord Hugo, Chord QuteHD, Auralic Vega, Calyx Femto, Resonessence Mira, and most recently the Hegel HD25. I also compared it extensively with the Yggdrasil when I bought it, to which the Pavane was clearly superior. The Pavane has a rich, deep, colourful sound, and is a tad on the warmer side of neutral. Until now the Hegel HD25 has been my preferred DAC, but the Pavane has supplanted it.

Thanks Ross

I've been a Metrum Octave user for years but recently got a Chord Hugo which I've been well impressed with and has got me thinking of a DAC upgrade.
The Schiit Yggdrasil and Gungnir are also on my list - so good to hear the Metrum beat the Yggy..

I'm sure the Hegel HD25 is better then than the DAC in my Hegel H360 amp, though the latter is supposed to be based on the HD25, but the HEgel H360 DAC hasnt quite hit the spot for me
I might have to try the Metrum Musette or Menuet first

Well spotted on the 16 mono power switches. Yes, they have been replaced. This is because I had to have soft-start circuits fitted into them, because otherwise they draw so much current on start up that they would trip the fuses of my house. Unfortunately this meant replacing the switches and my technician was not able to source the correct switches. I would have preferred red switches, but it is preferable to not being able to use the amps at all.

Heh, that's the same problem I still have:) I turn them on one at a time (there's four of them), with at least a 10 minute gap in between, or else they trip the breaker on the dedicated radial circuit dist board - and that's with a separate breaker for each mono pair. Brutal buggers...

My latest project is a half folded horn cabinet.
It uses a Fane 12-500LF driver.
Needs covering and cabinet furniture adding yet.

half4.JPG

Heh, that's the same problem I still have:) I turn them on one at a time (there's four of them), with at least a 10 minute gap in between, or else they trip the breaker on the dedicated radial circuit dist board - and that's with a separate breaker for each mono pair. Brutal buggers...

You should put in class D or K rated mcb's, this would solve the tripping.

IMG_1843_zpsmcdqc5p0.jpg

My memory might be fubar and my recollections of systems past a thing OF the past, but Jeezus these great big lumps have an inner beauty that makes it really difficult to go to bed before 2am.

You must have got the M30.1 fairly recently given their recent new dealer in Oz. Post a pic on the Harbeth User Group, will be appreciated. Alan Shaw has recently rediscovered vinyl after finding some Beatles reissues being sold next to the fish counter in his local supermarket. He may find your turntables a bit bling, but good for me.

You must have got the M30.1 fairly recently given their recent new dealer in Oz. Post a pic on the Harbeth User Group, will be appreciated. Alan Shaw has recently rediscovered vinyl after finding some Beatles reissues being sold next to the fish counter in his local supermarket. He may find your turntables a bit bling, but good for me.

Yes, bought them a couple of months ago. I won't be posting on the Harbeth User Group. I find it a little too cultish and Alan Shaw's heavy handed thought-police style of moderation does not sit well with me, nor do some of his more irrational ideas. Nice speakers, though.

IMG_1843_zpsmcdqc5p0.jpg

My memory might be fubar and my recollections of systems past a thing OF the past, but Jeezus these great big lumps have an inner beauty that makes it really difficult to go to bed before 2am.

I don't normally do this, but,......please give me them, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back