advertisement

System Pics 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just bought bigger vinyl storage. Went to Ikea yesterday and bought a 4x4 Kallax. System comprises of:

Technics SL-1210
Raspberry Pi with built in dac
Rega Brio-R
Harbeth M30.1

http://instagram.com/p/x9l2g6n_B_/

Not sure I want to keep the system on top of Kallax, but it'll do for now.

Not pictured but recently purchased:

Sennheiser HD650
Bottlehead Crack OTL

Hi Mrlamonta,
Re Ikea Kallax, do fix it to the wall . There are some great photos and video on the internet of Ikea book cases full of LPs collapsing sideways . Can't remember what its called but I have the 'Kallax ' predecessor at home and its great , but very fixed to the wall !

Re Ikea Kallax, do fix it to the wall . There are some great photos and video on the internet of kea book cases full of LPs collapsing sideways . Can't remember what its called but I have the 'Kallax ' predecessor at home and its great , but very fixed to the wall !

They only collapse if oriented incorrectly. The long shelf goes horizontally, the short ones vertically. Do this, site it on a broadly level floor, and it will not collapse.

The predecessor is/was the Expedit.

I bought a 4x4 Kallax recently, and found after putting the albums in that I needed more! I bought a 1x4 which sits on the top, and lets me use 4 of the plastic inserts to store bits'n'bobs (singles, 10" albums, box sets etc.)

I have just bought bigger vinyl storage. Went to Ikea yesterday and bought a 4x4 Kallax. System comprises of:

Technics SL-1210
Raspberry Pi with built in dac
Rega Brio-R
Harbeth M30.1

http://instagram.com/p/x9l2g6n_B_/

Not sure I want to keep the system on top of Kallax, but it'll do for now.

Not pictured but recently purchased:

Sennheiser HD650
Bottlehead Crack OTL

Out of interest, roughly how many LPs fit into one Kallax cube-space leaving enough room for fingers to comfortably retrieve one?

Out of interest, roughly how many LPs fit into one Kallax cube-space leaving enough room for fingers to comfortably retrieve one?

It's roughly the same size as the Expedit, and mine takes 80-odd in each space. You can almost count them individually in the picture above.

Just found a couple of photos from this month, 30 years ago, but don't think we've got a thread for 'System pics 1985'. :)

Was the month my first LP12 arrived.

^^ Try to get them posted if only to allow others to observe your listening room and home furnishings from all those years ago:)

Compared to last year, Naim 52/135 gone. Replaced by Teddy Pardo PR1/MB100. Also added Roksan Reference Phono Stage.

DSC09959.jpg

DSC09953.jpg

DSC09955.jpg

DSC07173.jpg

My current setup.
Sony Bluray player, Matrix Quattro Dac and Digidesign RM2's with upgraded drivers on Dreadnought broadsides. And a velodyne DD12 sub.
16121237850_ded621fb0b_z.jpg

Bit messy at the moment unfortunately. Having a Pro Monitor shootout. And an Active V Passive shootout at the same time!

Two studio monitor behemoths PMC v Genelec.

Only one way to find out..... FIIIIGGGHHHHTTTT!!
harry-hill-featured.jpg

WP_20150119_002.jpg

Those Digidesigns are so rare and cool.

I bow down.

Upgraded drivers? Que?

I started looking into replacement drive units as one tweeter and one mid bass had a slight crease(although the mid bass looked like a manufacturing defect). After contacting Digidesign and PMC, I discovered there were no replacements available. Around this time, one tweeter stopped working properly.

So using some calculations and guess work I looked for drive units that could work in the RM2's.
I found the SB Acoustics Satori mid bass(4ohm) to be suitable as it can handle the quite high 3khz crossover frequency. It's slightly smaller than the RM2 driver, but fitted with new mounting holes drilled and the old holes filled.

The tweeters are also SB Acoustics and an almost perfect fit, looking identical to the old tweeters. I had to sand the rim of the tweeter plate slightly to make it fit.

These new drivers completely transformed the speakers. They are so much more revealing now and have better bass and go much louder. I can't make my mind up if the tweeters are slightly louder than the old ones or not, or if they are just brighter maybe.
If I come across an alternative tweeter that is slightly less sensitive, I'll try them.

All in all, very happy with the mod :)

Are those GIK 242's with scatter plates?

Do you have them on the other walls?

244s with range limiters and scatter plates. Great at reducing the boom (echo), but do little to affect the volume of bass at the seated position, but that's a actually still a big help.

These are the only panels I have at the moment, and no plans beyond adding curtains, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back