advertisement

System Pics 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Paul/Mark. :)

The effect of the mono is quite straightforward to be honest - drop the black levels slightly, bring up contrast and shadow detail and just tweak a little from there. :)

Thanks Paul/Mark. :)

The effect of the mono is quite straightforward to be honest - drop the black levels slightly, bring up contrast and shadow detail and just tweak a little from there. :)

I like the Benz quietly glowing there...

Hi Matt

Meridian MC200 server
Meridian 556 power-amp
KEF R300s on order
Sommer cables on order

The preamp and DAC are built in the MC200 and all is controlled via an iPad

Hi Raj

Sounds good. I haven't heard any of the new Kef's. A friend has some of the older reference series Kef's and they are nice speakers.

+1 on the meridian actives, you still have them?

Cheers
Matt

Seeing as it's a new year, I've rearranged my room so that the ATCs are wider apart and more toed in than before. I really like the look of them this way (though the picture, being wide-angle, exaggerates the size of that coffee table, which I am sure some will be pleased to hear will soon be going).

I've also de-spiked the speakers as the right hand speaker has to be quite a way into the room to balance it with the left, so it will be pulled out for serious listening and pushed back afterwards.

Sounding pretty decent so far, though whether it is better or simply different is difficult to say at this point:

ATC100-Jan-2015.jpg

Nice room, fab speakers.

Hi Raj

Sounds good. I haven't heard any of the new Kef's. A friend has some of the older reference series Kef's and they are nice speakers.

+1 on the meridian actives, you still have them?

Cheers
Matt

This is the one and only system I have. Gone back to me roots ;) Its like the systems I owned 15-10 years back. Micro Mega T-Drive/DAC, Rega Elicit, PMC TB1's. Then Meridian 588, Rega Elicit or Bryston B60 or ATC SIA 2-150, ATC 20SL's.

Just dragged out the 2 oldest and unused bits in my collection of hifi stuff.
Spent this afternoon grafting those daft little 2 pin dins on to some decent cable and gave it a whirl.

Worth rock all with regards to value but boy is it warm, clear and mellow. I'll leave it set up for a while now and keep my eye open for woodworm.

As you can guess, there was nothing much spoiling today at this end :D

20150115_151714_zpsc41afeaf.jpg

This is the one and only system I have. Gone back to me roots ;) Its like the systems I owned 15-10 years back. Micro Mega T-Drive/DAC, Rega Elicit, PMC TB1's. Then Meridian 588, Rega Elicit or Bryston B60 or ATC SIA 2-150, ATC 20SL's.

Sounds good. Interested to hear how you get on with the Kef's and having a passive system again.

Not sue what's wrong with that room. Looks great to me.

Ditto, except that I'd fire the speakers (especially if they're ported) down the room to let them breathe. What's with two sets of speakers side by side? Offhand, I can't think this would be sonically beneficial. The more I look, the more odd your system seems; two impressive-looking speakers coupled with minimal kit stuck on top of a piece of furniture needing frequent access. Lovely light, airy room, though; or very wide-angle lens.:)

Re. records; as the other poster said, use fillers. Either polystyrene, foam sheets, thick corrugated cardboard or whatever you have lying around. Not good to have records on a slant under pressure.

I love the look of that room too. I don't really agree with Mike about downward firing though; I've used ported speakers on the long wall and the room to the sides is as valuable as room behind in several cases.

The thing that would make a radical difference in that room is curtains. It looks like you could do with some dampening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back