advertisement

System pics 2014 part II

Hi all,

First post here on PFM. Think I've met a few of the members before as their names and posts sound familiar.

I've had a difficult few years recently in hifi where I ruined the sound of a very good system I owned by bringing in one or two components that I thought would be great. Tried for ages to sort it all out but ended up just getting frustrated from it all. I took a break from it all for a while and got back into it towards the end of last year when I bought a pair of Audioplan Kontrast V speakers on with a Devialet 120. Very good system but recently a pair of Quad 989's became available and was just too good an opportunity to miss out on as did a second hand Jadis DA88S.

Turntable is a Clearaudio Performance SE with Satisfy Carbon arm and Maestro MM cart. Phonostage is a Pro-ject Tube Box 2.
CDP is a bashed up Arcam CD23 that has been through the wars but still sounds bloody great. On the lookout now for a nice big chunky looking CDP to replace it with.

Had to split up the rack as the shelf spacing isn't enough plus the Jadis puts out a fair bit of heat.

Not the clearest of pics but they were taken by a camera phone. :)

14252490787_eb270fc12f_b.jpg

14435574321_2de4aae89c_b.jpg

14438984125_9b825ff108_b.jpg

14406888524_c4180f7e70_b.jpg

Now that is how Quads are supposed to live - in a big carpeted room with a big glowing valve amp. Actually it's cathartic to see this, because my 63s in a small room have been driving me mad. Finally I've decided to give up, and leave Quads to people who have the room for them. Yours looks like the perfect space; it's good to see them working for someone.

Well two years in and hanging art, zero carbon footprint and self-sufficient energy building home studio project is concluding...
Need rugs and soft furnishing, curtains and acoustician visit next month

Desk wheeled in next week but sounds went live via devialet amps feeding upstairs and line out to ATCs downstairs earlier today...
It's been a ride, a bit of obvious damage on the way but I have ponies and pyjamas with Bambi characters on so the prognosis is good

2a4y6aze.jpg

More work but sounds happening.

Rugs, really tie a room together

gadese6a.jpg

The back end, subs and rears

Desk is 70mm Iroko and it's waiting the table bit... So nestled on trestles

y3e7ema6.jpg

Big abstract art originals to go up.

Rugs and drapes quite high on my kind right now...

No central hearing in yet, thermal gain from window and insulation and glass windows does all that.

Upstairs system fed by the devialet amps

apazyhe4.jpg

Hyper minimal (and the best way too)

Nice to see it all coming together, Herr Fuchs.

I hereby retract what I said about hanging the Dev on the wall. It looks splendid next to the spiral staircase -- architecty in a good way.)

Hidden away, under a painting above a short bookcase

9aba4y3e.jpg

This is so in need of taming, domestically and professionally. That's happening. Here is one of those panorama thingies...

y2e4u2y3.jpg

advertisement

Back