advertisement

System pics 2013 part I

I wonder if they'd work for a larger pair of Adams monitors, roughy 20" x 12" x 14".... (hwd)

Haven't bought anything new for the system in an age, but came across the pretty rare ceramic mat for the L-07D, and couldn't stop myself :D

DSC_1762.jpg

First thoughts are that musical presentation is more vivid and solid. Will keep it in place for a while before going back to the stainless steel mat. Now just waiting for ESCo to return my retipped cartridges...

I can't get my head round Sony making Hifi, walkmans and tv's yes, but real hifi??
See http://www.thevintageknob.org/sony-CDP-R1a.html and http://www.thevintageknob.org/sony-DAS-R1a.html (I'd love those !). The non-bitstream versions (R1 rather than R1a) were £5000 when new. The R10's were substantially more I believe (never made it to the UK). See also any other R-series / 1-series components, they live in a very, very expensive to money-no-object level. They lie above ES, which is a more mainstream premium line, the higher end of which got pretty serious in it's own right. Sadly, pretty much only the odd speaker and av amps now get the ES or Reference treatment from Sony.

And the L-07D above is lovely too, and Japanese. And then there's Esoteric, Accuphase, Luxman, Koetsu ... but for those you do lose the fun of audiophiles assuming that the company made Walkmans (Walkmen ?) and TVs and not "proper" hi-fi :)

Very nice!

Thanks Robert.

For a laugh, here is my system "in action", warming up for use in party mode later that night... No, I don't usually listen with PAR lights on! Just noticed this was recorded before I got the big sub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_DwX_Z1qd8

Quite funny - even watching/listening to the clip on my crappy $50 computer speakers, I reckon you get a sense of the system's scale, particularly when bass line kicks in at 0:21... know what I mean? :D

Hey all, I'm still a bit of a newbie but thought showing some pics of my humble system will help me get to know others. Great thread and loved all the pics so far!

photo2-Copy_zpseb968e59.jpg

photo3_zps2d30be23.jpg

Hey all, I'm still a bit of a newbie but thought showing some pics of my humble system will help me get to know others. Great thread and loved all the pics so far!

photo2-Copy_zpseb968e59.jpg

photo3_zps2d30be23.jpg

What is that; LP12 into Dino MKII (NCPSU ?) and which Nait?

None to shabby there.

Also see you're a fan of the Mana...

Thanks theliz. Just returned to vinyl after a wee sabbatical but loving listening to records once again :D

Hey adoado, not sure if your referring to me but I bought my soundstages via a few forums, one of which was on here :D

Wow nice shot of your TT Gaius....manufacturer please:confused:?

Thanks adoado, I don't know if you are referring to particular items but I had a quick check and there's a mana acoustics table and soundstage on ebay at the moment. Occasionally bits pop up on on here too if your interested.

advertisement

Back