advertisement

System pics 2013 part I

:D

Most people know I won't have a bad word said about Exposure but these Sony amps are absolutely superb. The 770ES reminds me somewhat of my old IVDR - that feeling of having loads in reserve and a sheer sense of gravitas to its sound. Bass that hits really hard yet with not one ounce of bloom - just how it should be imho. :)

I'm just glad our nearest neighbour's house is over 30 yds away (as I'm sure they are too). :D
I can't get my head round Sony making Hifi, walkmans and tv's yes, but real hifi??
But Gromit if your lugholes are saying it sounds anything like a IVDR (which I had) then it must be good. I don't know what you can pick them up for but I would have thought you would get a lot of bang for your buck.

The Jap manufacturers made some proper kit back in 70s, 80s, and some into the 90's - don't underestimate them on looks and tin lids, they're properly designed and built to last a lifetime :)

The "modern" stack drives my favourite Ergo loudspeaker system, the E-IIIR comprising Hiquphon OW1, Seas M15CH001 and Scan-speak 25W8565-01 in a sealed enclosure.

16825237-lg.jpg

I like the look of those!

MrAcoustat Keep It Simple System
KeepItSimple1000X750_zpsc40a1399.jpg

Chord CPM-2600 & One Duo
ChordDuo13_zps68b465fb.jpg

Chord CPM-2600 integrated amplifier
ChordCPM-260017_zps6683c424.jpg

ChordCPM-260006_zpsef20a8fa.jpg

Chord One cd player
ChordOne14_zps5322485d.jpg

ChordOne13_zps4a7a73b8.jpg

Acoustat 1+1 Speaker ( 1984 )
Acoustat1101_zps2c546008.jpg

Acoustat 1+1 modified interface ( 2011 )
Interface760x57001_zps4700f14d.jpg

MrAcoustat with my friends Acoustat Spectra 8800
AcoustatSpectra880005_zpsc4353978.jpg

If you wish to see more photos feel free to go to my Flickr photo galery.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mracoustat/

No im not, I just always thought they were mass produced stuff that were great for family use, but no good for hifi.
But then 1950's Goodmans speakers are some of the best speakers I have ever heard for the money

Acoustat 1+1 Speaker ( 1984 )
Acoustat1101_zps2c546008.jpg

Is that a false wall behind the kit?

Bass trap or just for tidyness?

Its odd to have stands costing more then the speakers -- again.

The MEGs were too good as little used secondary speakers (ideal primaries in a small living room) but only occupied the last 5% of my time doing stereo check-mixes. Better use of studio funds. Perfect for near field and more forgiving of point source nonlinearity than the ADAM A5X

Many hate HS10s, which is why I was interested as I found haters are, in almost every instance, wide of the mark.

Here's a quote I found from Steven Wilson who manages to make some pretty good recordings.

“It doesn’t matter which speakers you have in your studio, even if they are total crap. It’s only important to know how they change the sound of your music.”

He uses Quested H108 and Genelec 8030A with a sub.

some of their "ES" line are awesome and their "1" series are pretty much no compromise (give or take).
I've still got one of these (albeit modded)
http://www.thevintageknob.org/sony-SCD-1.html
I used to have one of these pre-Esprit preamps. A serious beast.
http://www.thevintageknob.org/sony-TA-E88B.html

The volume knob is actually a 150-step attenuator:
The "brushes" don't move over a resistive layer, they run over pure hard gold contacts. The resistive elements are discrete film resistors which are deposited also as a metallic thin-film.

More pics here:
http://amp8.com/tr-amp/sony/ta-e88.htm

Its odd to have stands costing more then the speakers -- again.

The MEGs were too good as little used secondary speakers (ideal primaries in a small living room) but only occupied the last 5% of my time doing stereo check-mixes. Better use of studio funds. Perfect for near field and more forgiving of point source nonlinearity than the ADAM A5X

Many hate HS10s, which is why I was interested as I found haters are, in almost every instance, wide of the mark.

Those stands are amazing - I need to check these out. Thanks for posting.

advertisement

Back