advertisement

Surprise project for a friend

benjaminreed1

Benjamin Reed
Finally, my valve amp arrived which now sits with a lovely DAC, overpriced cables and some amazing speakers.

I am so happy with my system that now I can finally buy more music again.

Anyway, I have decided to buy a friend, who has never owned a Hifi, a starter system a surprise. And as he lost his partner this year to heart failure and his son has Cerebral Palsy, I think music is the perfect way to really enjoy his down time and try to get a small back on his face.

I am donating my old Arcam amp to him and am looking for some speakers. I had £50 allocated for the speakers excluding postage to Epsom. Any ideas s/h?

He prefers classical music and may plug his iPad into the amp. He has a small CD collection. Medium size square room 6m x 6m

Happy to pay postage on any Hifi that is surplus to requirements also.

Cheers guys
Ben

Finally, my valve amp arrived which now sits with a lovely DAC, overpriced cables and some amazing speakers.

I am so happy with my system that now I can finally buy more music again.

Anyway, I have decided to buy a friend, who has never owned a Hifi, a starter system a surprise. And as he lost his partner this year to heart failure and his son has Cerebral Palsy, I think music is the perfect way to really enjoy his down time and try to get a small back on his face.

I am donating my old Arcam amp to him and am looking for some speakers. I had £50 allocated for the speakers excluding postage to Epsom. Any ideas s/h?

He prefers classical music and may plug his iPad into the amp. He has a small CD collection. Medium size square room 6m x 6m

Happy to pay postage on any Hifi that is surplus to requirements also.

Cheers guys
Ben

I'm not sure on speakers, I'll look and see what I can do to help. I do definitely have Yamaha CDX 496 CD player, the lid is a tad dented but it looks okay in a stack or rack and works perfectly fine. I will send it FOC if wanted, sounds like the guy needs a break.

Hi Ben.
What a star you are.
I have a nice (well clean and tidy) pair of Tannoy Mercury M1's that will get things going.
Free to you, all you need is to collect from me, other side of Leatherhead.
PM me for address.
Regards
Henry

Shame I just gave away some TDL Rtl 6 speakers that I picked up at the tip. Absolutely cracking speakers when new but for £15 they were superb!

Hi Ben.
What a star you are.
I have a nice (well clean and tidy) pair of Tannoy Mercury M1's that will get things going.
Free to you, all you need is to collect from me, other side of Leatherhead.
PM me for address.
Regards
Henry

These weren't bad at all, they were on sale at the same time as the Yamaha CD player I have offered, I actually heard a pair with the Yamaha cd and matching amp on display at Dixons. :)

I have a pair of mint condition Black TDL floor standing monitors if it would help?
Donation to Cancer Research.
No boxes so would have to be collected.
Mog Bwire blue cables included.
One owner before me.
They came from HiFi Dave New originally with a New set of Tresham Pre/Power and PSU's.

What a lovely suggestion,

The Tannoy & Yamaha would fit very nicely with the Arcam amp to make a great little starter system, especially with classical.

advertisement

Back