advertisement

Surge protectors-why is it restricting sound?

Theoretically, though perhaps not technically, I still maintain that a 13amp fuse should be preferable to a 3 amp. one. As the fuse only protects the cable, what's the point in downsizing fuses anyway?

Because (as noted in my earlier post) in the case of my CR-1000 and SX-1250 the thickness of the mains flex is of questionable sufficiency for a 13A current.

As Jez says, Serge, you're wasting your time. The ability to explain everything in technical terms is all well and good, but not a consistently true arbiter of the real world (of hifi).

I wouldn't have a clue whether one would tell the difference between mains fuses on an averagely good system as I don't use them at all. However, the difference manifest by obviating mains fuses is very marked on some kit/systems. This is only feasible on properly installed dedicated mains, though, which limits its use somewhat.

Theoretically, though perhaps not technically, I still maintain that a 13amp fuse should be preferable to a 3 amp. one. As the fuse only protects the cable, what's the point in downsizing fuses anyway?

And I have pixies at the bottom of my garden who tell me all sorts about homoeopathic remedies to cure cancer patients but the consultants just won't listen cos they they just don't understand the real world of medicine...

advertisement

Back