advertisement

Supernova

prowla

pfm Member
There's a heavy metal Popstar/X-Factor running at the moment.
The background is that Tommy Lee (drummer), Gilby Clarke (guitar) and Jason Newsted (bass), assisted by Dave Navarro (a guitar hero?) need a singer to complete their line-up.
They've got a number of hopefuls, and one or two are really great singers.
Is anybody watching it?
My money is on the Icelandic bloke (Magny) or the older bird with the red hair (Dilana).

(Incidentally, Tommy Lee, formerly of Motley Cure - and who most will only have heard of because he married Heather Locklear, and later Pamela Anderson - turns out to be an excellent drummer!)

What has become of Dave Navarro?! He strummed legends with Jane's Addiction, was rubbish in Chili Peppers now with motley twit & x-factor? what a waster.

This is trainwreck TV; I love watching it. Jason Newsted's oddball hand gestures and Navaro's sexist commentary are a bit psycho, watching Tommy Lee with wrinkles and caving eyeballs trying to act 18 is very funny.

I am pissed that the Puerto Rican chica in latex catsuits etc was sent home. She was a pleasure to look at, and basically gave the "supergroup" judges the middle finger throughout, which was great.

zayrabluespandex2.jpg
zayraweek5.jpg

Watch her performances here. Hand check!

hot damn, is that what they're showing on television these days?

I need to get my tv out of the closet.

Dave Navarro has a new band and new album out netx month.

This is much better than Xfactor these guys can sing and the winner gets a real job.

Last year inxs had a show to find a new front man and they have had a major tour and are now back in the studio recording a new lp

As there is so much crap out there with bands that can't play live and use baking tapes it is refreshing to see a live music show.

xfactor=no real talent

advertisement

Back