advertisement

Supercapacitor Power Supply tour

Thanks for your impressions, Patrick
I've no one else on the list, AFAIK
So unless anyone else wants to try it, I guess it can return to daddy :)
I'll send it back on monday John.

I've been playing around with it in different places and keep coming back to powering my Aqvox switch. it's definitely a keeper..

Apart from using in on my Aqvox switch where it made a pleasant improvement, smoother overall sound with deep bass and natural tone to voices, I also tried on my Sonore Ultradigital. This requires 6-9v, well mostly as it dropped out occasionally so not ideal. Even though the 5v is not really enough I found the SC created a cleaner and clearer sound in a good way. This was a more subtle effect that on the switch, which made for a more relaxed experience overall.

From the SC PSU website description:

"You only need to provide an 3 pin earthed mains cable specific to your country"

So you won't reap the benefits if your mains aren't earthed?

Hi John & Pat.

I think it’s arrived at my local sorting office - got card though the door today. Will stroll up there on Friday morning.

As they say around these parts, "Well, I'll be buqqered!"

This is very interesting

Last edited:
From the SC PSU website description:

"You only need to provide an 3 pin earthed mains cable specific to your country"

So you won't reap the benefits if your mains aren't earthed?
It doesn't NEED a mains earth connection - that's just one of the many techniques I have incorporated in the design to address all possible issues that I know of - this particular technique is to connect the SMPS negative DC output to mains earth (If a 3 pin mains cable is used) - all power supplies have a certain amount of current leakage on their outputs (SMPS more so). Leakage currents can affect the sound but you can also use a non-grounded mains cable if you wish & check if it sounds different.

advertisement

Back