advertisement

Supercap to NAP52

matthewt

burndy%20chasiss%20pins.jpg

I am in need of putting together a Burndy cable for a Supercap to 52, rather then spend £300 on a new one. Do all of the pins need to be connected as in the attached diagram, it looks like the 52 doesn't require all of those feeds from the manual, a couple of blanks? Also, do all of those pins run like to like (A to A etc)? I don't have a orginal cable to compare with either. I have done this for a XPS to CDS2 cable so know what components are required.

Thanks for any input

Matthew

The adjacencies of the conductors are not insignificant–make up some bare bundled leads with cable ties until you find something that sounds best–then start looking at multicore cable stock.

Do also consider bundling the digital PS conductors within the same outer jacket, using a separate shield–there is much to suggest that ground plane proximity between the digital and analog supplies is a good thing; experimentation is best.

If you are not using the phono boards, input/output boards or powered INPUT2 connector for Prefix/Stageline, DO omit those conductors. You will gain quite a bit of performance without the parasitic coupling.

advertisement

Back