advertisement

[IC] Super Ricohflex

billo

pfm Member
Hi first time poster in Camera section, so be kind :)
I have this 120 camera which has been in my camera bag untouched for at least 10 years. I am not going to use it and wonder if it is any better than an ornament
The focus wheel is stiff but moves evenly and the shutter speed dial is stiffer than I remember but it does turn. The speed is 1/10 sec to 1/200 plus 'B'. The lens is marked 1:3.5 / 8cm.
Is this any use to anyone here? I have no idea of value so I throw myself at your mercy.
Some pics, I can take more or answer low tech questions
Thanks.
20210605_093616
20210605_093700
20210605_093825

Ricoh was a Jap company that made budget cameras in the '50s and '60s. Probably well made and still works, although it sounds a bit gummed up and lacking lubrication. You might get 50 or 60 Euro for it. Or keep it as an ornament, or get a roll of film and try using it.

I meant "Jap," which means "Japanese" but is quicker to write. Just as by "Brit" one means "British." Or is there some subtle nuance I'm missing?
In the '50s and '60s they certainly did make budget cameras, much cheaper than Nikon, Canon, Pentax, etc.

I realise that it needs lubrication, I just did not want to ruin it with something inappropriate. I just wondered if there was a market for these rather than it being ornamental.
I did use it over 20 years ago when I found some old stock 120 film in our darkroom and IIRC the results were not too bad though it was more effort than the 35 mm B&W film.
Thanks for the input so far.

The cheap and nasty way of lubricating old cameras is a squirt of WD=40. But this won't work for you because the shutter is in the middle of the lens and you'll get oil all over the inside of the lens. The only thing is a competent repairer, if you can find one taking it apart, clean and re-lubricating. Maybe someone else will have an idea....

advertisement

Back