Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] SUPATRAC Blackbird Cosmetic Seconds Reduced Price

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by sonddek, Aug 3, 2022.

1. sonddek

sonddek Trade: SUPATRAC

I have a few Linn geometry Blackbirds from the current batch which are cosmetically outside specification but otherwise as new. It seems a shame to shred perfectly functioning tonearms so I'm going to offer them at a reduced rate of £950 - first to pay, first served.

The variation from standard spec is that the arm tube is a few mm short at the back end. This does not affect stylus to pivot length or any other functional dimension, it just looks slightly different to the standard arms which have been sold so far, to the extent that some eagle-eyed critic may notice it.

Each Blackbird arm tube is made by hand by me in London, and while I take great care to ensure that they are all functionally perfect, including actually listening to each arm before it is sent, I do occasionally make mistakes when it comes to finishing and some pieces end up in the bin. Pultruded carbon fibre can be quite tricky to machine. In this case it seems very wasteful to throw away great-sounding arms for the sake of one minor difference in appearance.

If you're interested, please contact me by email via www.supatrac.com

mikeyb likes this.
  2. markharro

markharro pfm Member

As the owner of one of Richard's Blackbirds I can vouch that you are going to get an amazing arm for this price.

3. sonddek

Mark is right.

Cheers Mark!

4. sonddek

I still have a couple of these...

5. sonddek

Finally found time to take a picture comparing a slightly short-ended Blackbird to the normal length. I hope it's clear that this is an unimportant cosmetic deviation. The short one is on the right.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  6. MVV

MVV pfm Member

Hi I'd be interested in one of these but I would struggle to put a vase on the sideboard so would need it fitting. I live in Penrith and am in Milton Keynes for a couple of days at the end of the month. Any ideas?

7. paulski

paulski pfm Member

Would this work with a Keel?

Rosie likes this.
  8. sonddek

I stopped in Penrith only a couple of months ago. Bring your deck to MK. I'll fit the arm and you can buy me lunch at a nice country pub.

9. sonddek

Yes. The Blackbird base and pillar are entirely compatible with the Linn base and pillar. The Keel will hold the Blackbird pillar normally, and the Blackbird base will hold an Ittok/Ekos normally. You can hot swap them.

10. paulski

paulski pfm Member

If you still have any I’d be keen to have one.

11. sonddek

Sending PM...