advertisement

Summer Holidays 2023

Granada is the best place in Spain, ridiculously hot but dead easy to get there and get around, fly into Malaga and spend some time there it’s a great city then get the bus up to Granada and spend at least three days there then back to Malaga or Cordoba.

The bus station in Malaga is next door to the railway station so you could get off a flight, train from the airport to Malaga train station and then the bus to Granada, last time we were there a bus ticket from Malaga to Granada was 12 euros and that included ‘breakfast’ without breakfast the price was 10 euros I think, at Granada bus station just get a taxi to the hotel taxi prices are relatively cheap.

If you do spend some time in Malaga, try to go to 'The Palm Grove of Surprises'. Always something fun happening, especially Sunday afternoons and plenty of eating/ drinking places there adjacent to the dock area. It's 'the' place to go these days after Malaga spent a fortune developing the area.

@steveinspain

We lived up in the group of villages around Competa (Tejeda mountains in Andalucia) and had a biz on the coast. Been gone over 6 years now. Lovely area and the mountain back roads over to Granada, towards Malaga or going further inland were very worthwhile day trips.

Love Competa we went there three years in a row from about 2013.

@twotone
If you go again, drop into "La Esquina de Miguel", a bar on the main square (where the market is on the weekend) and tell Miguel & Marie we say "hola desde tailandia". They are very good friends since early on during our 15 years there and muy buena gente. If you like a good steak, amongst other goodies, make sure you visit "Venta El Curro" in Archez, on the junction of Archez and the road to Salares and "El Pampano" in Competa iteslf, on the upper square Vendimia, Sergio is an excellent and very professional host.

@twotone
If you go again, drop into "La Esquina de Miguel", a bar on the main square (where the market is on the weekend) and tell Miguel & Marie we say "hola desde tailandia". They are very good friends since early on during our 15 years there and muy buena gente. If you like a good steak, amongst other goodies, make sure you visit "Venta El Curro" in Archez, on the junction of Archez and the road to Salares and "El Pampano" in Competa iteslf, on the upper square Vendimia, Sergio is an excellent and very professional host.

Thanks, we've not been back since 2015 and now have a dog so probably won't be going abroad anytime soon (I hate leaving him).

The plan was to drive to Spain and Portugal when we retire in two years time and take the dog with us for about six months but I'm to sure if that will happen now.

I'll keep the above in mind though as you never know.

‘proper hot’

Andalucia in the summer - Seville was mid 20’s in October.

Croatia - coastal breeze keeps it bearable

Greece - blow the budget at ‘Sani Beach’

Seville was low 20s in December

Hottest place I’ve ever been in Spain we were there mid May 2003 and it was unbelievably hot around 42 degrees I think.

We went to Ronda February 2012 I think and it was okay high teens degrees some days other days it was cold and wet but a bar owner said that during the summer temperatures can get up to about 45 degrees C.

Have you thought about Germany?

DqDY0mLX4AEcbAt.jpg
there are also a lot of gross farters in germany.

advertisement

Back