Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Sugden MusicMaster

Discussion in 'Interesting eBay auctions' started by calorgas, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Pault73

Pault73 Active Member

hmmm musing, as I'm sat here toasting marshmallows on my Sugden A21SE, theoretically I could use the A21se as a pre-amp, would putting this as power amp actually add anything to the system musically?

2. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Had one years ago, can't remember how good it was, knowing me back then it probably wasn't very well matched with other kit. Rare as rocking horse shit these days.

eastone likes this.
  3. eastone

eastone pfm Member

Hmm I managed to snag one on here some years ago, but i didn’t really have suitable speakers at the time so it didn’t stay. Pretty sure I paid less than £500 but they don’t come around very often so it is a sellers market.

I’m sure someone on here had theirs modified by Sugden - to increase standing current? - and make it usable with a wider range of speakers. Or am I losing my marbles?

4. purplepleaser

purplepleaser pfm Member

@eastone think its MotherSky on the Wam, I'm going to ask about modifying mine to see what the benefits are

eastone likes this.
  5. irb

irb pfm Member

I thought Sugden rated these at 13 watts?

6. James46

James46 The Crystal Method

13 watts, an A21a is better and 25w.

7. purplepleaser

purplepleaser pfm Member

@irb @James46

Pretty sure it's 16watts, all the information on the Internet say the same....

8. irb

irb pfm Member

You're right, I was sure it was 13 but I can't find anything online to back that up.

purplepleaser likes this.
  9. purplepleaser

purplepleaser pfm Member

If it's 16watts it's sounds mighty fine to me.