advertisement

Sugden Connoisseur - lost classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all
just so it happens that I have one of the rare ar sugden 3 speed transcriptors in my possession all with the super-rare studio plinth an heavy brass legs, and would be willing to part with it - if anybody is interested please contact me at vlad63 at mac dot com. I will try to attach an image if I know how : ) happy holidays and 2012!
vlad

ps. I actually DO NOT know how, sorry - any help would be appreciated

Hi :),
I'm new to PFM.
I recently put together a BD1 that was lying on the floor for a few years. I bought it when the opportunity came up because my Dad had one in the 70's and I remember how great it sounded. To cut a long story short I love it. It's my number 1 deck now. I even went and bought another one:). One for production and one for development.

In order to bring my connies into even further greatness I would dearly love a copy of Eguth's AC articles for modding the BD1. I want to see what else I can do with them. I am happy to do the same and provide the articles for the sake of the next person requesting of course. Can someone help me with this please?

Many thanks:) go the Conny!
Regards,
Paul.

Hi :),
I'm new to PFM.
I recently put together a BD1 that was lying on the floor for a few years. I bought it when the opportunity came up because my Dad had one in the 70's and I remember how great it sounded. To cut a long story short I love it. It's my number 1 deck now. I even went and bought another one:). One for production and one for development.

In order to bring my connies into even further greatness I would dearly love a copy of Eguth's AC articles for modding the BD1. I want to see what else I can do with them. I am happy to do the same and provide the articles for the sake of the next person requesting of course. Can someone help me with this please?

Many thanks:) go the Conny!
Regards,
Paul.

They are rather good! I had one as a student with the Transcriptors Fluid arm (couldn't afford the Hydraulic Reference to go with it!) then changed to the SME3009. Kept it for several years untilI was persuaded to upgrade to a Linn LP12. Biggest HiFi disappointment as the LP12 was no better. I moved the 3009/Shure V15II from the BD1 to the LP12, and it sounded the same.

Taught me a lesson about HiFi hype.

S.

I had a BD1 with an Acos Lustre GST-1 for years.
It was OK for the price.
Got rid when a Thorens 150 wiped the floor with it.

bump to subscribe to thread.
( not sure if needed).
P.

Can someone, someday, please explain to me what 'bump' means?

I thought that Pauly 99 wishes to have a copy of my BD1 article mods.

However, his latest post retracts that wish? If I have read this incorrectly, and he still wants a copy, can he confirm this via a new post?

I think he is likely to get a copy if he does so, via a scan.

bump does NOT mean "retract previous post". :(
bump is a just a post with NULL/ nothing. I did it to register the thread on my "watched thread list". Which I didn't have set in preferences previously.

YES I still want the AC articles! I am waiting Patiently with baited anticipation:). So far I have been ignored on the request.

PLEASE can some one please give me a copy???

Regards, patiently Paul.
cheers:)

Can someone, someday, please explain to me what 'bump' means?

I thought that Pauly 99 wishes to have a copy of my BD1 article mods.

However, his latest post retracts that wish? If I have read this incorrectly, and he still wants a copy, can he confirm this via a new post?

I think he is likely to get a copy if he does so, via a scan.

I had a BD1 with an Acos Lustre GST-1 for years.
It was OK for the price.
Got rid when a Thorens 150 wiped the floor with it.

Funny that .. I have a Td160 & BD2 fitted with same carts (so I can swap styli for direct comparison) - the difference is marginal & neither of them wipes the floor with the other. My preference leans more to the BD2 for sound even though the TD160 is better built.

I have several TD150:s and 160:s and in the context of the Thorens TD15X-16X series of machines; to my ears the best sounding model in terms of speed, rhythm and sheer ability to musically involve (me) is the TD166...plastic inner platter'n all - this deck seems to be discarded out of hand by some purely on grounds of the inner platter not being made of metal, which is kind of funny...;)

I have several TD150:s and 160:s and in the context of the Thorens TD15X-16X series of machines; to my ears the best sounding model in terms of speed, rhythm and sheer ability to musically involve (me) is the TD166...plastic inner platter'n all - this deck seems to be discarded out of hand by some purely on grounds of the inner platter not being made of metal, which is kind of funny...;)

And complaints that the chassis has a stick on Aluminium surface.

However, I have found my TD 166 Mk II to be excellent. I also have TD124 MkII, BD1 and many other decks.

...in fact - having examined these decks...my view is that it's the non-metal inner platter that gives the 166 the sonic edge over the others. The only downside I have found, is a slightly lowered bass output, but the sonic advantages far outweigh this. I also own many other turntables including some of the better idler machines, which are my favourites, but as far as belt driven decks are concerned, the humble 166 is right up there in terms of musicality which is what matters the most to me. Apologies for this off topic post.

Hi,

does anyone have a copy of these "Modified Connesseur BD1- Audio Conversions Articles"?

PFM user "chiba" and I are after a copy please.

We are also happy to pass it on to the next people who would like it and are interested in the Sugden Connesseur turntable.

thanks,
Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back