Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Sugden A21i Signature, MM/MC phono, Graphite, current model.

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Colonel_Mad, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

Reluctantly decided to sell my lovely Sugden A21i Signature amp. Mint condition with all accessories, manual, leads, remote and 2x RCA to 2xRCA interconnect.

This is the current model and is about a year old. New they are £2500 at the moment.

Looking for £1700 delivered (double boxed) in the UK. Payment by bank transfer.

Bought with the best intentions, but it didn't give enough extra compared to my vintage Sugden set up to warrant keeping both. Sounds great with very rich detailed sound. Pure Class A so beware that it runs hot.

This is the A21i model that comes with a switchable MM and MC phono stage built in. Instructions how to do that are in the manual. Currently set to MC setting but it only takes 5 minutes and a 0.5mm allen key to change it over. Happy to do that for the buyer if they want it to arrive in MM configuration.

DM me or google for any further info on specs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

andrewd likes this.
  2. MarkL56

MarkL56 pfm Member

Oh god, please somebody buy this soon, the temptation................

myles and Martian Sunrise like this.
  3. Amormusic

Amormusic pfm Member

I have this amp and it is glorious sounding. This purchase ended my continual box swapping.

GLWS.

Robby, PhilofCas and myles like this.
  4. HifiDan

HifiDan pfm Member

Looks lovely, would love to try this to compare it to my Supernait 2/Hi-cap

have a bump on me, it deserves it.

Dan

5. Ianp

Ianp pfm Member

Some gear will always remain desirable as this will. And for bloomin' good reason !

PS - I am spent up ! Good luck with it.

6. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

I have C51/P51 pre- power amps that have played mostly through Tannoy Cheviots. My main system is all Naim. I was kind of hoping this might have the best characteristics of both but I was quite surprised how close to the C51/P51 it was. I can’t bear to part with that as I spent the first years of my life in a house where you could see the Sugden factory out of the window and the units were made in the years I lived there.

7. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

Now sold subject to payment and collection. Will bump again if falls through.

8. Malamus

Malamus New Member

Hi looks like I missed out on this. Out of interest, can the mc gain be adjusted on these models or is it fixed and to what? Thanks

and if it falls through give me a shout

9. Colonel_Mad

Colonel_Mad pfm Member

Thanks for your interest, but yes it is due to be picked up on Monday. I’ll let you know if it falls through.

The gain on the phono stage is fixed. There are three connectors per channel and you just shift a jumper between the middle and left/right connectors to switch between MM and MC.

According to the Sugden website the gain is 47k ohm (MM) or 470 ohm (MC). Means nothing to me so best to decipher it for yourself here… https://www.sugdenaudio.com/a21-integrated---line-amplifier

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022 at 7:20 AM