advertisement

Stuff from the 70s. An all that.

Subbuteo, Aztec Bars, Trevor Brooking gliding through the Upton Park mud on Sunday's The Big Match (after Weekend World/'Nantucket Sleighride') and 'Cherry' from Pans People are a few of my happy childhood memories.....
Agree with all them apart from Trevor Brooking! Mmmmmmmm Cherry was gorgeous

Andy

My toys of the 70s were Meccano - always got more stuff for birthdays and Xmas. I was really made up when I got the big motor and 6 speed gearbox! Also spent a fair bit of time in the attic with a OO9 model railway. Again the 12V track controller was expensive enough to be a Xmas present!

Meccano was a great favourite of mine as well, though more sixties than seventies. I had a fair amount of stuff and also my Dad`s bits from before the war with lots of gears. I never had the Meccano motor but as luck would have it the motor from an EMI L2 battery portable tape machine had the same size shaft and my dad made me a mounting plate for it, really good.

This too

01-Spirograph.jpg

I raise you Rumbelows, with Radio Rentals a close second.

I rented my first CDP from Radio Rentals. I wasn't sure if I would like the new CD thing! A Ferguson midi width, joined my very common Nad 3020B, Dual CS505iiDL, Denon DRM11 and Tannoy Mercury (Mki). I enjoyed that system moochly but upgraditis was soon to set in...

Swap Shop was a posh kids programme, we didn’t have a telephone.

Tizwas was far more council estate.

I am sure there was an odd bit each week were an old man made a fishing ‘fly?’
I was dragged up on a council estate, but ITV was pretty much off limits. Only watched Tiswas once I’d left school, but only for Sally and Motörhead.

advertisement

Back