Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuff from the 70s. An all that.

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Tony Lockhart, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Tony Lockhart

Tony Lockhart Avoiding Stress, at Every Opportunity

I was just looking for that!

Seeker_UK likes this.
  2. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Is this all there is?

I reckon you had one.

Or were you more of a "Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots" kinda guy?

3. BillT

BillT pfm Member

Another 70's favorite was watching Brian Walden on Sunday mornings prior to nipping off to the pub. It was quite entertaining hearing about USSR invasion scenarios and where all the nukes would land and how it might all escalate from the use of tactical weapons to complete armageddon. We've come a long way in 50 years.

4. Tony Lockhart

Bought a used one. Good fun for a couple of days, then realised it was just cheap tat.

5. Dinovector

Dinovector pfm Member

And apparently you can still buy Blue Nun too, now where's my tank top?

MikeMA likes this.
  6. Seeker_UK

Most 70s toys were cheap 'n' nasty.

7. Tony Lockhart

“Made in Hong Kong” usually meant it was made from the cheapest, thinnest plastic possible.

8. Seeker_UK

John Collier's (The Window to Watch)?

MikeMA, bigjonny and Dinovector like this.
  9. Dinovector

Dinovector pfm Member

Ha, my wife and I were singing that the other evening while having a similar discussion

Seeker_UK likes this.
  10. Tony Lockhart

01 811 8055

[​IMG]

Nick_G, MJS, Guinnless and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Pending

My favourite toy from that era was the Johnny Astro. We replaced the 4 D cells with a link to my 12V train transformer and could thereby get the 'lunar module' right across the room! We had some great competitions flying it round obstacles (dining chairs = lunar mountains) to a landing site ten feet or more away.

[​IMG]

Tony Lockhart likes this.
  12. jan tomczak

jan tomczak pfm Member

Just dug a full set of these out all in mint condition...never used. propa retro coolness me thinks!

Lounge/music room going through full refurb and i may well use them in one way or another... they scream 70's funkiness![​IMG]

Dinovector, Snufkin and Tony Lockhart like this.
  13. Bart

Bart pfm Member

Yes, but I heard it was a hard pencil..

14. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Pending

...something...something... log...table.

15. Bart

Bart pfm Member

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  16. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Subbuteo, Aztec Bars, Trevor Brooking gliding through the Upton Park mud on Sunday's The Big Match (after Weekend World/'Nantucket Sleighride') and 'Cherry' from Pans People are a few of my happy childhood memories.....

Dinovector and Andy Stephenson like this.
  17. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

matchbox motorway

we had something very similar from matchbox, but i am sure the track was orange

18. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

Then there was "Empire Made" which was also "Made in Hong kong" but without the quality.

Dinovector and Tony Lockhart like this.
  19. irons1965

irons1965 pfm Member

Yes remember you had to stick the foils onto the underside of the cars and trim the plastic point up with a scissors for the cars to engage with the track.
    Matchbox cars - 19p each, Swansea Market (I can remember my dad lifting me up to choose which one I wanted on the very tall wall!)

Seem to recall Matchbox did the 'Switch a Track(??) where the cars could actually swap lanes - Real sophisticated stuff!

20. unclefz

unclefz pfm Member

Find your favourite...

Dinovector likes this.