advertisement

Stuff from the 70s. An all that.

Another 70's favorite was watching Brian Walden on Sunday mornings prior to nipping off to the pub. It was quite entertaining hearing about USSR invasion scenarios and where all the nukes would land and how it might all escalate from the use of tactical weapons to complete armageddon. We've come a long way in 50 years.

Another 70's favorite was watching Brian Walden on Sunday mornings prior to nipping off to the pub. It was quite entertaining hearing about USSR invasion scenarios and where all the nukes would land and how it might all escalate from the use of tactical weapons to complete armageddon. We've come a long way in 50 years.
And apparently you can still buy Blue Nun too, now where's my tank top?

My favourite toy from that era was the Johnny Astro. We replaced the 4 D cells with a link to my 12V train transformer and could thereby get the 'lunar module' right across the room! We had some great competitions flying it round obstacles (dining chairs = lunar mountains) to a landing site ten feet or more away.

all.jpg

Subbuteo, Aztec Bars, Trevor Brooking gliding through the Upton Park mud on Sunday's The Big Match (after Weekend World/'Nantucket Sleighride') and 'Cherry' from Pans People are a few of my happy childhood memories.....

matchbox motorway

we had something very similar from matchbox, but i am sure the track was orange

matchbox motorway

we had something very similar from matchbox, but i am sure the track was orange
Yes remember you had to stick the foils onto the underside of the cars and trim the plastic point up with a scissors for the cars to engage with the track.
Matchbox cars - 19p each, Swansea Market (I can remember my dad lifting me up to choose which one I wanted on the very tall wall!)

Seem to recall Matchbox did the 'Switch a Track(??) where the cars could actually swap lanes - Real sophisticated stuff!

advertisement

Back