Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Storage Boxes for LPs

Discussion in 'audio' started by wazza69, Dec 31, 2010.

1. wazza69

wazza69 pfm Member

Hi,

At home on the couch with the flu - put paid to my NYs plans.....

Anyway, I need to store my LPs in boxes for a while. Does anyone have any easily available options? e.g. plastic or the old wooden boxes etc. Must be cheap

Many thanks

2. antonio1

antonio1 pfm Member

3. ClaraBannister

ClaraBannister pfm Member

Whether it's cheap or not depends on how many you need. I hope the OP doesn't need as many as I will shortly.

4. Jack Barriere

Jack Barriere Me, you and them

5. FatElvisForever

FatElvisForever pfm Member

Those are great!!!

Would you mind posting your plans for those?

6. Jack Barriere

You can also build them like this. A hand saw,some nails,hammer and glue. Rent a brad nailer and a power miter saw for a day will make this fly. Jigged up you can make a shit load in a day.
    http://forum.stereophile.com/content/modular-lp-storage-nomad-crates

Getting rid of the center slat would save on material and not compromise the strength of the box if you use good carpenters glue.

7. Jack Barriere

5/8 MDF 2 top/bottom 13 1/4 x 14 1/4 2 sides 13 x 13 1/4 1 back 13x5
    3/4 MDF ...................13 3/8 x 14 1/2.......13 x 13 3/8........13x5

8. dss

dss Musical Bons

Safestore do some double wall cardboard boxes with lids is it. About 130 LPs per box, pretty strong and durable. You don't have to use thier amenities, you can walk in off the street and buy them there. Discount for large nos.

http://www.safestore.co.uk/merchandise/instore_products/10.aspx

10 of these assisted me in moving the LPs behind the sofa when a new one arrived.

DS

9. Jack Barriere

10. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Covers33.co.uk do a nice double-wall box that holds about 80, I don't think they have them listed on the website, but if you phone them they'll know what you are on about. IIRC they are about £1.50 each and they are strong. I've moved / stored my whole collection in them with zero, and I mean zero damage - not a single creased or dinged cover corner, so highly recommended.

Tony.

11. Jack Barriere

12. robinb

robinb Member

Hi all - first post so please be nice

I have a modest sideline buying and selling records and often have up to 8,000 LPs in my stock room awaiting sale. If you ever make it to the big fair in Utrecht (which is the only place I sell) please drop by stand 205/6 and say hello.

My solution is the "small" box from Big Yellow Storage. Perfect size for LPs with a little space at each side and a little headroom as well.

https://www.bigyellow.co.uk/boxshop/product/category/Boxes/name/Small Box

They hold about 75 LPs so they are easy to lift and I stack them 5 high very happily.

robin

13. Greg

Greg 2t5b