advertisement

Stock Market 2022

Nothing new in that they haven't been saying for 10 years or more. It's the same article recycled every week/month/year.

They weren’t too bothered this afternoon, the IR rise was priced in. FTSE futures down 0.25% for tomorrow morning, which is irrelevant.

They weren’t too bothered this afternoon, the IR rise was priced in. FTSE futures down 0.25% for tomorrow morning, which is irrelevant.

Indeed, but I do wonder why the FTSE is holding steady at least when there's very little apart from doom and gloom on every aspect of our and others' economies and guaranteed further I.R.s and inflation.

Indeed, but I do wonder why the FTSE is holding steady at least when there's very little apart from doom and gloom on every aspect of our and others' economies and guaranteed further I.R.s and inflation.

It’s actually rallied quite well over the past few weeks. Inflation will eventually feed through into company valuations and stock prices and so far, input price increases have generally been able to be passed on. The FTSE has a lot of companies who actually make stuff which people need to buy rather than would like to buy. BP and Shell for starters!

Cineworld has filed for bankruptcy. I remember a few people gambling on this stock back during the covid days.

I hope the holders of the stock got rid of any holdings a long time ago!

Cineworld has filed for bankruptcy. I remember a few people gambling on this stock back during the covid days.

I hope the holders of the stock got rid of any holdings a long time ago!

Yes, I got out mostly unscathed

Note it hasn't officially filed for Bankruptcy yet.

Getting lawyers to advise on it is one thing. I'd say there's a few other companies talking to their lawyers too ATM regards bankruptcy process.

I've noticed headlines now being more accurate "Cineworld May file for Bankruptcy".

But hey, last Friday why should they bother checking the facts before running the story...

Chapter 11 in the US was a definite possibility these last few months...and even that's a lot different to Chapter 7.

The companies pretty screwed but some accurate reporting last Friday by the MSM would have been a bit more respectful to Cineworld's staff etc.

Well they say not to believe anything until it is officially denied, dollar getting too strong?

"WHITE HOUSE ADVISER DEESE: THERE IS NO NEED FOR A GLOBAL ACCORD TO MODIFY CURRENCY VALUES."

advertisement

Back