advertisement

Stock Market 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

P/E is less than 600 now..."Buy the dip...Buy the dip"... this thing's going to the Moon !!

Actually watching those videos it appears it was the Roadster earmarked for an actual Tesla founder that went into space...and he got a crash damaged ex development one. What a c**t move hey.

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but Right To Repair activist Louis Rossmann has an interesting take on the NY property market, which has had a lot of empty retail property since long before covid 19 and insanely high advertised rents. He is suggesting that a lot of behind the scenes negotiations are occurring to slash rents to a fraction, but they are coupled with NDAs with very high penalties for the renters if the disclose the actual rent they are paying. If this is the case, and if it is true in other major cities, it smacks of a real bubble just about to burst. Commercial property values being entirely smoke and mirrors rather than being assessed on actual market values. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest!

Yep, why you have to buy commercial property that can be repositioned as residential (i.e. buildings that were originally residential). There's a tax hit but at least there is a backup plan. The tax benefits over the couple of decades you hold it as commercial more than covers it.

Last edited:
This just landed in my FB feed.

Wonder what option number "Bay The Money Back" is?

BBL will be this winters scandal once media latches onto it...I know it needed to be done but the rushed nature of it all makes you wonder if Governments ever do any disaster planning. If they had treated early Covid signs more like SARS (as Asia did) and not like the common flu, they would have been able to get a better administered system in place. Instead they handed it to fraudsers on a plate for the first month or two.

bBc9ewg.jpg

Bubbles do burst.
My residential condo peaked at about RM900k several years ago, I would be really lucky to get 650k now, which is OK as I paid 350k for it 22 years ago and I have no debt.
Plenty of people in negative equity now. The peak was driven by Chinese money and their government stopped the outflow.
Commercial property and serviced apartments are in an even worse state. Shopping malls were seriously overbuilt before COVID and now several are shuttered.
We have low interest rates, just not as low as the UK

Interesting news this mornng I noticed that Michael 'Big short' Burry hastaken a fairly substantial position against Tesla..

Yes, I remember reading about that months ago though. It was actually the only Tesla related news at the time that made any logical sense to me. Barry has put on a very assymetrical bet there. Do enough of those and you come out on top.

I also recall at the same time hearing about lads bragging they were piling into Tesla (like with most of their money!!) and shouting down anyone that said they were a were bit crazy...Tesla was near $900 then.
The share may well rise but I honestly think their best news is past them now that competition is actually here. One thing I sure wouldn't want is the Koreans eating away at my market share in any industry. Hyundai have nailed their EV design IMO and lots of people seem to agree. Also, there's no way China will let them be dominant...that will be 'sorted'

Vodafone went down like a brick today (9%). :( CEO appeared to be upbeat but earning from low levels of roaming and less handset upgrades due to Covid appear to have surprised the market. Hopefully longer term outlook with 5G rollout will be good.

Vodafone went down like a brick today (9%). :( CEO appeared to be upbeat but earning from low levels of roaming and less handset upgrades due to Covid appear to have surprised the market. Hopefully longer term outlook with 5G rollout will be good.

Tell me about it! Still, bought them for a quid and good divs. Long term hold.

Yes, same here - bought most when they were low. But they really are unloved at the moment. Micro-Focus and Lloyds are up reasonably well today to compensate as I am heavier in them, also I sold off all my remaining Mitie (MTO) - nicely over-target at 130%. Looking to drip feed into uranium.

At least gold and silver are physical assets and have been valued at levels withing a limited range compared with other commodities for a very long time

Debt and extra infrastructure spending also factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back