advertisement

Stock Market 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ if you don’t buy them when they’re cheap, when do you buy them!

It's really for the long term dividends too and if the SP goes up then a bonus. I treat a share like that the same way as BTL property...there's an entry and exit price but the jelly is what happens in between.

Not sure anyone has commented yet, but there has been a very impressive rally in Sterling over the last couple of weeks. Makes my uk based investments look a lot less sick than they looked last year (i am living in CH). Now I just would like to see some kind of value rally, it must be coming, surely?

As the head of an S&P 500 company, is he allowed to make pronouncements on the value of assets that he holds in order to profit? Aren’t there regulations about this sort of thing?

Well he just managed to move an asset class by about $100 billion....

I hate to keep going on about him as he's got some great qualities and I like a maverick within reason but I really think the power has got to him. With Trump gone he seems to own Twitter. Everyone's forgotten his 'Pedo Guy' tweet though...

This isn't going to end well is all I can say...

Lots of young (and not so young) buying into this stuff on margin...leveraging it too.. When that goes wrong the financial legacy can follow people for years. It's not like losing and going back to zero...you lose it all and go back to minus 10x

As the head of an S&P 500 company, is he allowed to make pronouncements on the value of assets that he holds in order to profit? Aren’t there regulations about this sort of thing?

Could be a deflection strategy. If and when they finally haul him up, he'll say "look, I said the opposite".....he allegedly did the same with the Tesla price saying it was "too high" (whilst a number of unfeasibly expensive and short-term long options were being bought driving up the price).

^^^ This. Just stick to making EV cars and rockets as people are gonna get stung here...

BTW Tesla is down 9% today...down 20% from peak. I suspect profit taking may accelerate and you gotta remember there needs to be a buyer on the other side of every sell and buyers can run for the doors pretty quickly...

Looks like I sold my Airbus shares too soon ...

I see a nice little bump there the last few months.

I think a few here have regrets on some share sales but a profits a profit.

Dipping my toe back into TUI and CCL last Dec after some of the Vaccine shine had faded are my two best performers.

I see the glut in Gold Long positions seem to have essentially gone. I might increase my stake even though it hasn't been my star performer the last 6 months. Luckily Silver has covered me on that front.

Inflation is already rearing it's head and if BTC stumbles....

Elon better get his arse onto Twitter as BTC not having a good day so far

*** Unless that's what he wanted...

Tech coming off the boil this week, compounded by the strengthening pound. SMT down quite sharply (heavy TSLA holding). Might accumulate PCT, see how the week goes. I know some of the tech stuff is cloud cuckoo, but think these guys can sort the wheat from the chaff. A good bet for long term growth in my view.

At the other end of the spectrum, there are some great long term buy and hold opportunities in the FTSE right now IMHO.

^^^ AZN at least for the dividends. I bought more Morrisons as well.

I'm already probably too heavy on gold. Shame as I'd be buying more as well as GDX.

BTC is having a real 'moment' today. I don't have any as my Nazi bank BAC's rules meant I missed the $30k buy in price a month ago that I would have had a flutter on but I'm intrigued watching all this play out. I think near that price will be available again...

^^^ AZN at least for the dividends. I bought more Morrisons as well.

I'm already probably too heavy on gold. Shame as I'd be buying more as well as GDX.

BTC is having a real 'moment' today. I don't have any as my Nazi bank BAC's rules meant I missed the $30k buy in price a month ago that I would have had a flutter on but I'm intrigued watching all this play out. I think near that price will be available again...
Time to get your ducks in a row for the next dump/pump cycle whenever it triggers :) First Direct play nice with Coinbase or I used a Revolut account to do £/euro/btc. In the past TSB and RBS allowed me to move £ to/from Coinbase.

^^^ Yes, I have a few pound ready and waiting in Coinbase Pro (nothing serious as I can't take it seriously TBH)

Issue was my first bank just returned the Money transfer after a few days and didn't even tell me...then my next bank let me put over a small test amount then when I tried to put more over they flagged it as potential fraud and I missed the fraud dept call at 8am on a Sat and it took 3 days (!!) to get them onto the phone again.

It just reinforces my belief that current banking/money system is ****ed. I don't know if BTC will be 'the one' to replace it but something is brewing...and the legacy system is saying BTC is full of fraudulent activity. Well judging by the escalation in money transfer checks and restrictions moving FIAT money around using the legacy systems it appears the frausters are all over that system too so that argument against crpyto doesn't stack up....

With BTC the big institutional investors will literally be forced to take some decent profits as hard to explain to your clients 6 months later why they didn't after such a fast 5x to 10x run. So they act differently to retail investors that just get total FOMO mania setting in.

So are there enough retail buyers on the other side of the transactions while the institutional ones take profits. Don't think there are as the $$$ numbers have now gotten serious compared to a few months ago...

Crikey, SMT down 10% today. That’s a big drop in a few hours for an investment trust. TSLA down another 8.5% in pre market. I know they’ve reduced positions but many of the Baillie Gifford funds are going to get hammered today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back