advertisement

Steven Wilson arena shows

seagull

Seabird flavour member
Sorry about the short notice for the pre-order (see below) , I only just found out myself.

ARENA SHOWS ACROSS

EUROPE AND UK

SEPTEMBER 2020

THU 17TH NOTTINGHAM ARENA, UK
SAT 19TH THE O2, LONDON UK
MON 21ST ZENITH, PARIS FRANCE
WED 23RD MEDIOLANUM FORUM, MILAN, ITALY
FRI 25TH KOPI ARENA, OBERHAUSEN, GERMANY
SAT 26TH SPORTHALLE, HAMBURG, GERMANY
MON 28TH ZIGGO DOME, AMSTERDAM, HOLLAND
WED 30TH TORWAR, WARSAW, POLAND

Tickets on sale at 10am local time on Friday 25th October.

“Every time I make a new album, it's hugely important for me that it holds a unique place in my catalogue and won't simply be more of the same. Moving into the third decade of the 21st century and my second decade as a touring solo artist, it felt like time to apply the same philosophy to the live experience. I want to challenge myself to create something that confronts my own notions (and hopefully the audience's too) of how to present my music in a concert situation. This has become The Future Bites - a series of special events at larger venues, something on a grander and more immersive scale. I'm already hugely excited about them!” - SW

To celebrate these special shows, there will be a very limited edition vinyl edition of Steven Wilson’s forthcoming sixth album (details TBC). These are available to pre-order now.

https://store.universalmusic.com/st...&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email&utm_umguk=

All pre-orders via the UK store before 5pm Tuesday 22nd October will receive priority access to fan ticket pre-sale for the UK shows. Access will be provided via email at 9:30am local time on Wednesday 23rd October ahead of pre-sale launch at 10am the same day. Tickets go on general sale at 10am local time on Friday 25th October.

Tickets secured for O2.

Hate the venue though. Only been once, when Miss S was singing in the Young Voices choir there when she was in year 6.

SeeTickets ripoff extra charges (£8.70 per ticket and £2.50 transaction fee!)

I wouldn't normally go for an arena gig but Mr Wilson does do exceedingly good shows.

Really enjoyed Cardiff show last year, but reticent about going to o2, for reasons stated.

Huge fan

Motorpoint Arena Nottm tickets secured. Bus ride in and a cheeky week nite beer required...

I'm not a fan of this sort of venue, but it looks like Steve has an itch to scratch with a fully immersive experience in an arena enviroment.
Cant imagine Floyd levels of show, but it will be an experiment worth seeing for me, so Nottingham it is.
I refuse point blank to do the O2, just one of my worst gig experiences ever, and horribly expensive / totally soulless place it is.
I do hope it works for him.
Still 'Pre Sale' tix available if needed.

Was thinking about the presale, but I just can't be arsed to buy tickets for 11 months ahead. I might not last that long.

Have preordered the limited vinyl though :)

I've seen him half a dozen times but will not bother this time around based on the choice of venues in UK/France.

I will probably pass. However if Mr Wilson was touring with Porcupine Tree, I would walk over hot coals to get to that gig.
Love pretty much anything Mr Wilson touches, but Porcupine Tree were a notch above. Gutted I never saw them live - nearly went to the Fear Of A Blank Planet show but baulked at the extortionate ticket price which was more than double of anyone else playing Manchester Academy at the time. I suppose a gig in full surround sound had substantial production costs, but as the wife says I’m tighter than a pair of 70s drainpipe jeans when it comes to going out.......

The album 'Deadwing' awoke me from my musical slumber. It ticked all the boxes for me. I then caught PT live in 2010 in Dublin and it was a terrific gig.
I have been following Mr. Wilsons solo career and caught him live on his most recent tour. Enjoyable for sure, but PT were a different class IMO.

I may be wrong but it just seems to me that since signing with his new record company a while back it's all starting to go a little bit corporate.

I may be wrong but it just seems to me that since signing with his new record company a while back it's all starting to go a little bit corporate.
The only word you have wrong is 'little' - change that to a lot imo.
Still want to support the guy, I have a lot of time for him and all the collaborators he uses (also costs me an ongoing fortune), but I think inevitable that this happens if he wants to push his exposure.
I doubt we will ever see such a lavish production of a 'special edition' for an album as HCE again from him, at least while under the wing of Caroline / Warner.

I pre ordered this when it was announced months ago.

EXCLUSIVE UK TOUR VINYL EDITION
  • £25.00
  • Release Date 31 December 2020
  • Sorry Sold Out
Product code
CAROL021LPTUK
Label
Caroline
Please note that the release date is TBC and is likely to change.

Has anybody heard anything about release dates ?

When I and many others pre ordered this vinyl album back in October 2019
It was meant to be a December 2019 release.
No sign of it and nothing from Mr Wilson or his record company?
Now it's showing as a December 2020 release.
I'm going to the Police.

advertisement

Back