advertisement

Steve Jobs stereo system 1982

What am I, psychic?

Or am I supposed to guess?

Is it this one...

619KRpdOtcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hmmm, this could take a while...

BB-front.jpg

Or this one? This is awesome and feisty. Listening to it now.

Steve's nice stereo includes Acoustat 3 speakers, Threshold Fet 1, Preamp, Michell Gyro Turntable, Denon TU750s tuner, lamp by Tiffany circa 1910, sell at auction for $120,000. Steve is listening to Bach's Brandenburg Concertos, with Jean-Pierre Rampal on flute and Maurice André on trumpet.

Steve's nice stereo includes Acoustat 3 speakers, Threshold Fet 1, Preamp, Michell Gyro Turntable, Denon TU750s tuner, lamp by Tiffany circa 1910, sell at auction for $120,000. Steve is listening to Bach's Brandenburg Concertos, with Jean-Pierre Rampal on flute and Maurice André on trumpet.
Sounds like someone bought an expensive lamp and got some old hi-fi thrown in for free.

The Brandenburgs.... Barenboim said all music begins and ends with the Preludes and Fugues but the Brandenburgs- now there's the meaning of life. Trevor Pinnock's are all you will ever need, though you won't go far wrong with Alessandrini or, if you have a fast pulse, Reinhard Goebble.

. Steve is listening to Bach's Brandenburg Concertos, with Jean-Pierre Rampal on flute and Maurice André on trumpet.

Looks to me like the arm is not on any vinyl in those photos so,if he is in fact listening to anything, he is listening to the radio therefor who knows what it is?

Looks to me like the arm is not on any vinyl in those photos so,if he is in fact listening to anything, he is listening to the radio therefor who knows what it is?

Actually i'd guess it's a long exposure shot, and the weights on the gyro aren't visible because it's spinning. Something around 1/2 - 1 sec i'd guess. The lighting from the lamp looks like that to me too.

advertisement

Back