Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Steve Bray's 'protest' equipment seized on first day of new law

Discussion in 'off topic' started by notaclue, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I suspect it is actually more effective using threads such as this one to keep things fresh. I do it very regularly. Stickied threads tend to become part of the furniture and ignored IME, e.g. the number of PMs I get from folk not understanding how the pfm classified area works despite stickied threads, the room strap-line etc etc beggars belief!

Most if not all of these entities tend to have a subscription option, e.g. I pay an amount each month to GLP just the same way I’ve sponsored a sea turtle via WWF. I think they all do it starting at a fiver a month or even less. With LBD I tend to bung them a £20 or whatever whenever they’ve made a particularly good point, so I kind of let their work remind me. I follow them all on Twitter so I’m always up to date with what they are doing and I’ll keep promoting them here whenever the opportunity arises, as it did so clearly with this thread. Hopefully we’ll make them a few extra £100 between us and that certainly all helps.

2. farfromthesun

farfromthesun pfm Member

Devils Advocate Award Of The Day goes to notaclue.

3. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Was about to post exactly the same thing - he's stood next to four lanes of Central London traffic!

I ride through there once or twice a week and honestly I've never noticed him.

4. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Cold War Steve precisely on point as ever (Twitter).

PS To top it all the Met is now in ‘special measures’ (Guardian).

Snufkin likes this.
  5. MUTTY1

MUTTY1 Waste of bandwidth

Perhaps it’s Cressida Dick doing a little stirring on her way to the exit?

TheDecameron likes this.
  6. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

He has to annoy. Without being an ass he wouldn't be news worthy. But if he turns up outside my gate and starts putting a tent up, Im kicking his ass a half mile down the road
    :)

TheDecameron likes this.
  7. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Plenty of video evidence that the met are guilty of

Theft of sound equipment

Going equipped for theft

Harassment

Intimidation

Several public order infringements

8. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Usual nuanced post

9. cooky1257

cooky1257 pfm Member

The use of 'amplified equipment', got me thinking, surely it's possible to fashion/modular assemble a non amplified 'large' horn made from cardboard boxes....?

Weekender and TheDecameron like this.
  10. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

Or just hire Brian Blessed to shout.

11. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Proud to be the enemy of political nuance all day long pal:p

Graham B and MUTTY1 like this.
  12. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

kensalriser, zarniwoop, Nero and 2 others like this.
  13. kensalriser

kensalriser pfm Member

Another great example of how fascism happens. I support draconian, authoritarian legislation because I find someone is slightly annoying me and not even directly.

zygote23 and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  14. notaclue

notaclue pfm Member

Normally I would agree... but... Bray is very annoying. Oh, and he's still protesting https://twitter.com/snb19692/status/1541803216236593155 but no amps so he's allowed to do it.

15. andrew d

andrew d pfm Member

I cycle round Parliament Square on a regular basis. Not seen Bray for sometime. He was always outside the House of Lords pre Covid. Perhaps he's based on Whitehall now ( location of twitter clips ) There are always people protesting and making a noise outside the HoC. Some do it better than others. None of them deserved to be moved on for trying to get a point across.

narabdela and Sue Pertwee-Tyr like this.
  16. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr neither here nor there

And if he does a quiet protest that doesn’t trouble people, he, and his protest are easy to ignore. And therefore pointless. Is that how it should be in your book?

17. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

You’re the man! What kind of flare are we talking? :)

cooky1257 and Rockmeister like this.
  18. paulbysea

paulbysea pfm Member

Anyone who protests about the stupidity of BREXIT gets my support and if they annoy Tory MPs at the same time, it can only be a good thing.

19. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Good Law Project are now on this case (Twitter).

20. ff1d1l

ff1d1l pfm Member

I was going to say nominative determinism but apparently aptronym is it...